Administration & Finance Analyst
Jobs at:International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. Established in 1975, IFPRI currently has more than 600 employees working in over 50 countries. It is a research center of CGIAR, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development.
CIAT, on behalf of IFPRI, is seeking an Administration & Finance Analyst for IFPRI with the main responsibility of facilitating and providing administrative and financial support services, which will contribute to the efficient and professional operation of IFPRI Rwanda office and the projects it is managing. The position also provides executive assistance to the IFPRI Rwanda Program Leader. .
Main duties and responsibilities include:
Procurement and Asset Management
• Provide oversight on the procurement process, import/export, shipping, reporting, and document filing.
• Prepare and manage contracts and communications with vendors for goods and services required by the office.
• Receive all procurement requests and advise requestors on compliance matters accordingly.
• Review bids analysis and purchase orders, and liaise to obtain all necessary approvals.
• Maintaining stores and preparation of monthly reports.
• Managing stationery including the charge back template.
• Maintaining an up to date office assets register, ensuring tagging and insurance of the same.
Job Skills: Not Specified
The candidate shall have the following competencies, skills, and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management or other relevant subject with proven office management and personal assistant/ secretary skills. Masters will be an added advantage
• Should have attained a minimum of CPA II.
• Proven capacity to handle complex financial and accounting systems, including ORACLE.
• Proven capacity and experience as an administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, or personal secretary in executive office and agenda management.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in a closely related field gained in an international organization and experience with donor-funded projects.
• Prior experience with donor funded projects and international research for development organizations.
• High level of computer skills and the ability to learn new applications quickly.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in the accomplishment of duties.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment, and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
• Strong ability to coordinate, prioritize, and organize workload; is flexible and able to work under pressure.
• Highly effective planning, organizational, and multi?tasking skills with a positive attitude and strong administrative service orientation.
• Ability to work in a multi?cultural environment.
• Commitment to IFPRI’s mission and core values.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications, clearly indicating position applied for as: Ref: 101823-Administration & Finance Analyst. An application letter and Curriculum Vitae should be attached and saved as one document using candidate’s last name-first name for ease of sorting. The CV should include at least three references, including the supervisor of the last occupied work position.