Jobs at:Education Development Trust
Deadline of this Job:
05 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vacancy Announcement - Enumerators
The Building Learning Foundations (BLF) is a programme of the Rwanda Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and Rwanda Education Board (REB) funded by the UK government which aims to improve the quality of teaching and leadership in Rwanda’s primary schools. The objective of BLF is to improve English literacy and Mathematics in grades P1-P5, ensuring that children have the required foundational skills to make successful progress through the system. BLF focuses on building the capacity of teachers, enhancing school leadership, strengthening the country’s education system and improving education for children with special educational needs. This programme is delivered by a consortium consisting of Education Development Trust, the consortium lead, British Council and VSO.
Education Development Trust is looking for qualified and suitable persons for the position of enumerator to support BLF programme in its data collection activities.
The purpose of this role is to support in all data collection activities under BLFs monitoring and evaluation department ensuring all tasks related to the collection of data and delivery of evaluation are carried out smoothly.
• Participate in training sessions prior to fieldwork.
• Participate in and complete data collection piloting activities.
• Support in the selection of subsamples per procedures pre-established by lead researchers or evaluators.
• Conduct and fully complete the required number of daily interviews and questionnaires with the sampled target groups using tablets and other electronic devices.
• Draft daily reports on progress, including the number of interviews transcribed.
• Provide a brief report on the overall activity, complete with lessons learned and recommendations for future data collection and cleaning activities.
• Ensure that relevant data are accurately collected and uploaded to the database.
• Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the evaluation/research activities.
• Work as a team member to ensure that the data collection activity as smoothly implemented.
• Bachelors’ degree preferably in education, statistics, social sciences.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
• Knowledge of the data collection techniques and tools.
• Previous experience working with BLF in the same capacity is desirable.
• Proven experience as an educational research assistant and/or as a data collector in the education sector.
• Prior experience using tablets or other electronic data collection devices required.
• Proven experience in collecting learning assessment data
• Prior experience in data entry
• Experience as primary teachers would be an added advantage
• Ability to spend extensive periods of time in remote areas of Rwanda.
• Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
• Strong team-building and motivational skills
• Good communication skills to ensure the effective management of workload.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to manage tasks with precise deadlines.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and eligible candidates should submit a detailed CV including three referees and scanned degree certificate, and to [email protected] with the subject line of the name of the post applied for.
Applications must be received on or before 5th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.