10 Research Assistants
Jobs at:Institute of Policy Analysis and Research (IPAR)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Institute of Policy Analysis and Research (IPAR –Rwanda) is an indigenous, independent, not-for-profit Rwandan Institution. IPAR seeks to enhance evidence-based policymaking by conducting timely, relevant, high-quality, policy-oriented analysis, and research. It also promotes a culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues in Rwanda. .
As part of the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) 3 years funded project “Providing Timely Evidence to Facilitate the Socio-Economic Recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic in Rwanda” IPAR-RWANDA is hiring 10 full-time qualified and experienced Research Assistants (RAs) to facilitate in Data collection (survey) and preliminary data analysis.
The RAs will be hired for an initial period of 3 months with the possibility of an extension upon satisfactory performance.
The Research Assistant shall be reporting directly to the Director of research IPAR-RWANDA
Job requirements and competences
1. Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistic, Political Science, or related disciplines; A master degree is a plus
2. Experience in data collection and analysis will be an added advantage, Knowledge of IPAR’s procedure is a plus
3. Sound and current knowledge of Microsoft office,
4. Experience with statistical software, especially Stata is a plus
5. Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda.
The RAs will work under the direct supervision of the IPAR component leader. IPAR will be responsible to monitor the survey and analysis work. The task of RAs will be to:
• Participate in the training programmes to be organized for RAs by IPAR and its partners;
• Participate in pre-testing of the questionnaire together with IPAR Team;
• Provide feedback in revising the questionnaire following the pre-testing results;
• Conduct the field survey under the supervision of the IPAR component leader.
• Clean data
• Conduct preliminary data analysis
• Organize appropriate forums for disseminating the analysis/research information to policymakers and other stakeholders.
• Any other duties that may be assigned to her by the Director of research from time to time.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8