Wash Senior Technical Advisor
Jobs at:Society for Family Health(SFH)
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Wash Senior Technical Advisor
Society for Family Health(SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH), Rwanda
TITLE: WASH SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR (1)
SUPERVISOR: DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY
TYPE: FIXED TERM CONTRACT (ONE YEAR WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
DATE: NOVEMBER 2020
OPEN FOR: RWANDA NATIONALS ONLY
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a non-profit organization in Rwanda. It is the largest social marketing organization in Rwanda, with five regional offices across the country. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, SFH provides life-saving products, clinical services, and social and behavior change communications (SBCC) that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. SFH’s core values include a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the national and district level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. SFH implements diverse public health interventions in HIV/AIDS, WASH, reproductive health, malaria, Health Systems strengthening, and maternal and child health including nutrition. SFH’s activities range from product sales and distribution to social and behavior change communication, advocacy, reproductive health research, and community mobilization. SFH’s donor platform is USAID, Global Fund, DOD, CDC, UNICEF, PRIVATE Sector Corporates, and other numerous donors. .
SFH Rwanda and other Consortium members are bidding for THRIVE Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) activity. The activity will be implemented in the 8-10 Districts of Rwanda. This program seeks to develop and implement interventions that will sustainably increase access and management of water, sanitation, and hygiene services in the targeted districts. This effort will contribute to ongoing efforts to promote water, hygiene, and sanitation accessibility and affordability.
This position plays a key strategic role in the THRIVE Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) activity. The WASH Technical Advisor will be a senior member of the WASH consortium/ project team and will work with key government partners particularly the Ministry of Health (MoH), MINALOC, MININFRA WASAC, local NGO partners, community organizations, USAID, and other stakeholders to achieve the implementation of the WASH project. The WASH Technical Advisor will provide guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound. He/she will provide overall leadership by staying current of evolving WASH technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise. S/he reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide strategic and technical leadership on improving WASH activities that aim to improving the living standards of Rwandan citizens and achieving Rwanda’s other long-term development goals.
• Develop and maintain relationships and work closely with local WASH actors, including national and local government, private sector, Community, NGOs, others, etc.
• Contribute to program/project design, implementation, Learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration with all team members;
• Contribute to and provide inputs of an annual work plan, required project reports, baseline data, tools and indicators for monitoring and evaluation, collection/sharing of lessons learned;
• Document lessons learned related, evaluate impact, and modify approaches as needed.
• Help develop internal organizational WASH-related training and development of tools, guidelines, standards to improve program quality;
• Act as the project’s WASH representative in all related WASH initiatives in Rwanda;
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Masters’ degree in Water Resources Management, Water Engineering, WASH or similar disciplines, Environmental Health
• At least seven (7) years of practical experience at senior levels in designing and managing WASH interventions
• Strong understanding and related experience in WASH governance
• Good knowledge of USG procedures and compliance requirements
• Extensive project management experience particularly on USG grants
• Familiarity with the socio-economic, cultural, and political context of Rwanda
• Prior experience managing large assistance projects of a similar size and scope
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French, and Kinyarwanda
• Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications
• Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
• Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels
internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
• Team leadership abilities with diverse/multidisciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
REQUIRED FOREIGN LANGUAGE:
English or French fluency, including excellent oral and written skills, required. Proficiency in Kinyarwanda and French is preferred.
STATUS: Full-time position, based in Kigali with travel to field locations up Country.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT INCLUDE:
• Application letter addressed to the Executive Director;
• Curriculum Vitae (3 referees including at least 2 former employers);
• Copies of degrees;
• Copies of Certificates of Professional qualification and training;
All interested applicants who fulfil the required qualifications are advised to submit their application files by email ONLY to [email protected] by Tuesday December 08, 2020 at 16:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals.