WASH/Health Project Manager (OD)
Jobs at:Good Neighbors International-Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Huye , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOC operating in 40 countries around the world. GNI in Rwanda (a.k.a. GNR) is legally registered and has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 4 districts (Gasabo, Kamonyi, Gisagara, and Nyamagabe) since 1994.
Good Neighbors Rwanda would like to recruit two staffs with the following positions:
Position: WASH/ Health Project Manager (OD)
Based in Huye District
The Project Manager post is located in the GNI Area Office in Huye to provide strategic, technical, and programmatic support to the UNFPA funded project on “Empowering adolescents and young people in Rwanda to realize their human right to equality, sexual and reproductive health and freedom from violence and discrimination”.
S/he will act as the project’s focal point, ensuring quality and timely implementation of the project activities, outreach, and day-to-day liaison with the donor, implementing partners, stakeholders, and government partners, while working in an integrated and collaborative manner with the GNI Head Office and operations staff.
S/he will work under the overall supervision of the Country Director and report directly to the Operations Manager.
GNI is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them, and who commit to deliver excellence in program results. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in public health, social sciences, development studies or other related fields.
• 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public health, project management and development relevant to sexual and reproductive health, gender and development, of which at least 3 years in International Non-Government Organizations is desirable;
• Experience working in collaboration with government, development partners, civil society organizations, private sector, and youth-led organizations, in particular on issues affecting adolescents & youth;
• Proven ability to effectively collaborate with team members to achieve demonstrable results;
• Highly motivated, proactive, able to work independently with proven ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative, working in harmony with people from different backgrounds and cultures;
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
• Experience in programme and/or technical assistance with international development organizations
• Experience in working in Refugees ‘camps is a strong asset;
• Proficiency in current office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Shall not disclose or divulge during or after his/her service any confidential information obtained through his/ her work
• Other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned to the employee.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The C.V. must be written within 2 pages in English otherwise the application will be disqualified. The Relevant experience will only be considered if the certificate is presented at submission.
The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director; recent and detailed curriculum vitae written in English; relevant certificates; Diploma required; a photocopy of the National Identity Card at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor, right-wing) by 06th August 2020 before 4 pm.