Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 28 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated, and experienced national for the role of WASH Engineer. This critical position will be based in Gihembe and Nyabihecye refugee camp, reporting to WASH Project Manager .
Purpose of the position:
To supervise, conduct design, studies, and review water resource, sanitation, and hygiene projects. And closely follow up and ensure the implementation of water resource development projects are in line with the plan, design, available standards, to address the needs of the most vulnerable communities. The job holder is responsible for the overall WASH and Health projects management as well as representing the WASH sector at camp level within World Vision Rwanda and also projecting our position.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum education and experience required:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Sanitary Engineering or related fields
• At least 2 years experience in WASH sector.
• Experience in using MS Officer , excel , PPT, and other computer skills
• Experience in using engineering softwares: AUTOCAD ,Covadis, ARCHICAD , Artlantis (perspective), GIS(Arc view, Arc map), EPANET
• Experience in project design, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, and information management.
• Experience with refugees’ camps context in Rwanda
• Experience in supervising/ inspecting construction projects and WASH infrastructures
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/rwanda/water-sanitation-and-health-wash/wash-engineer/15862