GOLDEN PLAZA, 3 rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Job Opportunity: Vaccination Support Advisors (2)
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child, and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability.
Summary of role
IntraHealth/USAID Ingobyi Activity seeks to recruit two qualified individuals to support ongoing Covid-19 prevention and management efforts. The Vaccination Support Advisor will work under the direct supervision of the Project’s IPC Specialist, to support vaccination efforts as part of the national COVID-19 response. S/he will be expected to support RBC/MOH to plan and rollout Covid-19 vaccines through joint planning, coordination, supervision, and reporting with the national task force in charge of vaccination. Due to the nature of the work, one or both incumbents will likely be based at MOH and RBC, and travels to the field as needed.
The Vaccination Support Advisor will support for the following functions:
- Joint planning with RBC/MOH for rollout of Covid-19 vaccine.
- Ensure proper coordination between various central level and district level.
- Work with RBC/MOH and districts to identify vaccination needs and develop and/or review priority lists of people to be vaccinated.
- Conduct supportive supervision and ensure any pertinent issues related to vaccination are tracked and reported to RBC/MOH and Ingobyi Activity on time.
- Closely follow up on all reported vaccination issues for prompt action and/or escalation as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and skills development in the integration of epidemic prevention in routine care.
- Assess vaccination capacities and practices in hospitals and health centers, and recommend improvements as needed.
- Works in collaboration with other Ingobyi Activity and RBC/MOH staff to build the capacity of supported hospitals and health centers in infection prevention, vaccination, and data management.
- Support in the coordination of Ingobyi-led procurement and distribution of basic vaccination materials or commodities, in collaboration with RBC/MOH, district hospitals, and health centers in Ingobyi-supported districts.
- Prepare and share periodic reports with a supervisor.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Duration of assignment: One-Year with the possibility of extension.
A number of positions : two (2) positions.
- The ideal candidate is expected to meet and/or possess the following qualifications and requirements.
Education and training
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, pharmacy, nursing, laboratory technology, or related fields.
- Candidates must have A valid license issued by Rwanda National Council of Nurses and Midwives, Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council, or Rwanda Medical and Dental Council.
Experience and skills
- At least 5 years of experience in Rwandan vaccination programs;
- Knowledge of vaccination program, preferably in the context of epidemics of communicable diseases;
- Relevant working experience in vaccination in a health facility setting;
- Skills in rapid assessment techniques, knowledge, and experience in monitoring facility and community-based vaccination interventions;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) in English and Kinyarwanda – French language skills would be added advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint;
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking;
- Strong documentation and report writing skills; and
- Ability to travel frequently within the country.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes, and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources, and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking : Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management : Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better, or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions, or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results, and global commitments.
Accountability : Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd March, 2021.