Jobs at:Sanlam Vie Plc
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SANLAM VIE Plc, the leading Life insurer in Rwanda, is recruiting an underwriter and a staff in charge of actuarial functions. Below are details of the job requirements: .
• Perform underwriting operations on group businesses as per the underwriting policy
• Regular Policy Administration System update by the online underwriting system data
• Submit substandard risks to the Underwriting manager for proper attention
• Respect the company’s reinsurance strategy
• Propose medical and/or financial underwriting as per the underwriting policy
• Treat customers fairly
• Follow up of the renewal schedule of group policies
• Receive direct clients who subscribe insurance at the Head office
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, or any other business-related field
• Strong knowledge of MS suite with a special attention to advanced MS Excel and MS Access
• Proficiency in English, French, and Kinyarwanda, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Knowledge of data management/statistics;
• Good analysis and information processing capabilities.
• Proactive, innovative, and creative (e.g. be able to reflect on the improvement of the internal and external communication to capitalize experiences and "lessons learnt")
• Able to work under time pressure
• Ability to work independently to produce expected results
• Mature, good communicator, and team player
• High level of rigor, integrity, and willing to learn
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates shall submit their application letter, updated CV indicating names and addresses of two referees, copies of their degrees and/or certificates, and copies of their transcripts.
The applications shall be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of SANLAM VIE Plc by sending the applications to the following email: [email protected] not later than Wednesday, December 9th, 2020 by 23:59. SANLAM VIE Plc reserves the right to refuse the late applications. Only selected candidates shall be contacted for the written test on Thursday, December 10th, 2020.