Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 20 Sep 2019
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for Joining Forces Coalition Coordinator (JFC Coordinator) for our Uganda Country Office.
This role is a global collaboration between 6 leading child rights organisations – ChildFund, Plan International, Save the Children, SOS Children’s Villages, Terre des Hommes and World Vision. In Uganda Joining Forces focuses on ending violence against children in schools. Working together means we can better influence policy and decision makers, share expertise, information and innovation; scale up what works and maximize our impact.
The Coalition Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination between the six Joining Forces coalition members. The Coalition Coordinator leads on and coordinates the design of campaign plans, activities, advocacy and resource mobilization under this coalition. S/he ensures effective coordination and communication with the global JF Secretariat and Project Manager. The Coalition Coordinator works closely with the Technical Experts of the JF members and reports periodically to the CD Steering Group.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Rights, Governance, Social Science, Social Work and Social Administration, Arts, Education, Development studies, Law.
* Post Graduate training in Project Management, Community Development or a Master’s degree in any relevant field is an added advantage.
* Any relevant specific experience or training on the Child Protection and Child Rights Programming. We offer a competitive salary and package with an opportunity to have flexible working hours. This role may require 10% of travel.
* At least 3- 7 years work experience in programming for child protection, education advocacy, 3 years of which from an international organization or nonprofit/voluntary sector.
* Understanding of resource mobilization, grants management and financial systems and procedures.
* Work experience in which strong communication, advocacy and interpersonal skills were required.
* Proven ability to perform multi- tasking and ability to work on tight deadlines.
* Proven ability to work in a multicultural/cross cultural environment. Adaptable, flexible with a high level of work ethics.
About the Organisation:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Job Location: Uganda
How to apply: