Jobs at:Jhpiego Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The BARAME/MNCH Technical Director will provide technical leadership, program oversight and strategic direction in the areas of Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) and act as an integral part of Jhpiego Rwanda’s team. He/she will reinforce capacity of targeted health care providers in high quality maternal, neonatal and child healthcare in order to reduce morbidity and mortality. The Technical Director will be accountable to ENABEL and the Government of Rwanda and ensure the project delivers on its scope, on time and on budget. This project is contingent upon award by the donor. .
Under the guidance of MNCH Project Director, the Technical Director will:
• Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of BARAME MNCH program activities.
• Oversee the team implementing BARAME MNCH program activities.
• Develop new/review evidence-based training materials, job aids, service delivery, guidelines supervisory systems, quality improvement and other tools needed for implementation of MNCH to meet the needs of ENABEL and the Government of Rwanda.
Provide mentoring and capacity building at the individual and organizational level in specific areas of expertise including but not limited to the following: Maternal, Newborn and Child Health including essential and basic emergency obstetric and Newborn care
• Quality improvement and governance at health facilities
• Malaria in pregnancy, in coordination with Impact Malaria Chief of Party
• Respectful maternity care as a key component of gender-sensitive and quality care
• Coordinate assessments, follow-up and supervision of advocacy, policy support, capacity-building and M&E across program sites.
• Actively participate in all Technical Advisory Group Meetings, and represent Jhpiego and the BARAME project
• Collaborate with local stakeholders to ensure all activities conform to requirements and regulation and allow synergies for impact
• Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for MNCH
• Supervise technical coordinators and MNCH staff
• Work closely with the MNCH Project Director on setting program priorities and directions, and responding to requests for support from local counterparts.
• Work with M&E staff to design, implement, monitor key indicators related to MNCH
• Provide technical leadership to the development of the project, work plan, and program monitoring, in close collaboration with ENABEL and MOH
• Assist in the preparation of donor reports and project reports
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Medical Doctor with Advanced Degree in Medicine or Public Health is required
• A Master of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology is preferred
• A valid Registration Certificate from Doctors’ National Council
• At least 7 years’ experience in implementing RMNCH Programs
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing large donor-funded projects and in designing and implementation of overseas health projects; preferably in Rwanda
• Qualification as a “Master Trainer”; experience training health workers on clinical aspects of RMNCH
• Experience building capacity at individual and organizational levels
• Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: Strengthening service delivery programs, In-service training, Pre-service education, Quality Improvement, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Ability to liaise with senior MOH officials and dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community
• Demonstrated understanding of Rwandan healthcare system, In-country work experience preferred
• Familiarity with ENABEL or other similar Donors, management and reporting procedures/systems will be an asset
• Proven track record managing a project team composed of technical experts and fostering team work
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in national programs and technical staff
• Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in French and English;
• Working knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is preferred
• Strong skills in Office 365
• Ability to travel both nationally (frequently) and internationally
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://jobs-jhpiego.icims.com/jobs/3994/technical-director/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Glassdoor&mobile=false&width=750&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=120&jun1offset=120