Deadline of this Job:
02 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support GOR strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation.
The Technical Director/OVC Manager will be responsible for leading OVC and DREAMS programming and technical activities under the project. S/he will supervise technical activities in line with the project’s goals and intended results. The Technical Director will manage and provide technical leadership for OVC activities being implemented through local partners. .
• Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of strategies, interventions and activities that address the holistic needs of OVC and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), in a friendly manner, including their health, education, psychosocial well-being, protection and economic strengthening needs.
• As needed, provide high-quality technical assistance in OVC programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program’s objectives and targets and adhering to expected technical quality for OVC programs and reporting requirements
• Ensure that project strategies and activities addressing OVC and AGYW are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally-recognized best practices; as well as aligned with Rwanda’s National legislation and policies.
• Provide mentoring to local partners to strengthen their capacity for OVC service delivery, compliance with PEPFAR requirements;
• Coordinate and as needed conduct monitoring visits to local implementing partners;
• Ensure all child-focused strategies are gender-sensitive and promote equitable programming.
• Facilitate linkages with government programs and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement other social welfare and HIV/AIDS initiatives and adhere to country and global standards.
• Provide training and capacity development support for staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders engaged in OVC services and activities under the program.
• Assist the Project Director and sub-partners to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all OVC and DREAMS related deliverables an activities.
• Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
• Update, monitor, and maintain relevant manuals, training materials and reports for OVC and DREAMS interventions.
• Work closely with the project’s monitoring and Evaluation Team to review and track project progress, contribute to project reporting, and support learning activities.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• MPH/MPA/MBA Degree or masters in relevant field and a minimum of 8 years of professional experience or a BA/BS with 10 years of professional experience.
• Demonstrated successful experience as a senior manager of USAID-funded programs including those involving OVC and/or DREAMS activities
• Eight years prior experience in managing OVC and/or DREAMS programs funded by PEPFAR
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID Mission, Government of Rwanda, implementing partners, and local NGOs
• Proven skills in building organizational capacity in OVC, DREAMS, and/or HIV/AIDS.
• Experience with child welfare and protection programs, systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, service delivery, quality improvement, or policy development
• Strong writing and oral presentation skills, including fluency in English and French
• Demonstrated success implementing programming at the community level
• Expertise in and sensitivity to the socio-cultural barriers facing intended beneficiaries for this program
• Local candidates preferred
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Job Education Requirements: MPH/MPA/MBA Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 10 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow this link to apply: