Student Loan Recovery Strategist
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
05 March 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”. To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes. • Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees. .
Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Based on the Law governing student loans and bursaries, to review and establish policies for the management of student loans
• To prepare a comprehensive procedures manual articulating proper student loan disbursement and recovery processes and procedures.
• To conduct deep analysis of all data on students’ loans including the legacy data from REB and establish the list of loans that are likely to be recovered and those that are difficult to recover
• Thoroughly assess student loans beneficiaries that have completed their studies to determine those who have paid, ongoing and paying regularly and loan defaulters.
• Good experience in policy and procedure manual designing, analysis, capacity building, and knowledge management
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, since a debt collector is expected to communicate efficiently with customers or clients, as customers can be hostile or rude when dealing with a collection agency.
• Good negotiation skills which enable a debt collector to work cooperatively with customers and resolve their debts by applying the necessary method.
• Excellent persuasion skills, since the job of a debt collector involve convincing debtors that they need to pay their outstanding debts on time.
• Problem-solving skills, as he/she needs days to develop payment plans and handle customers whose debts are difficult to resolve.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
The interested candidates should have the following noticeable profile:
• Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or any other related field from a recognized university
• A minimum experience of 7 years preferably in tax audit, inspection, and recovery
• Experience in statutory fund recovery, audit, and enforcement of statutory deductions (e.g taxes, pension, and medical contribution) will be an added advantage
• Sound knowledge of banking or funds management are added advantages
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here Interested candidates should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered. Email only for inquiries (not application): [email protected] Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda. Deadline for application: Friday, March 05, 2021. The employment package is highly competitive/attractive. Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for interviews. Done in Kigali, February 17th, 2021