Deadline of this Job:
11 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people, and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full-time staff, community mobilizers, and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven, and committed individual to join its team as Storekeeper in any of the field sites (refugee camps) where ALIGHT has active operations. .
• Effectively receive/dispatch supplies and equipment procured for program activities, offices, and residences including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes and Supply requisition forms), maintaining necessary copies, ensuring accuracy in the physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
• Inspect deliveries and prepare and sign off stores and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate stores transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on stock movements in line with the organization’s requirements.
• Support the Logistics Coordinator in daily stores closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the stores and warehouse management requirements.
• Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the items received/distributed and handled, detect and analyze reasons for stock damages and recommending appropriate solutions, keep track of inventory levels, and alert sector heads and Logistics coordinator to enable informed decision-making.
• Monitor condition of the stores, supplies, and equipment and take appropriate actions, to support efficient stores space-planning and well-organized items storage following ALIGHT stores and warehouse standards.
• Provide input to the preparation of monthly stock/inventory reports on the quantity and quality of the goods received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the Logistics Coordinator for appropriate action.
• Prepare all necessary documentation – Goods Received Note (GRN) for every consignment received Stock control records (Warehouse Register and Stock Cards), Way Bill for items being transported to other locations – and inform the sector heads immediately.
• Ensure the safety and security of stores, equipment, and materials kept in the store and control access to stores, and ensure that only authorized personnel enters storage facilities.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor, or any other ALIGHT Senior Manager.
Job Skills: Not Specified
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Minimum Bachelor’s University degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, and related field required
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the supply chain, warehousing, and/or logistics management with humanitarian or development programs in diverse settings preferred
• Computer literary and comfort with Microsoft Application packages
• Demonstrated continuous education and specialized training in logistics and warehouse management;
• Experience coordinating with transportation providers and third parties
• Ability to live and work in isolated areas in Rwanda.
• The ability to communicate in spoken and written English with aptitude in reporting is mandatory.
• Fluency in English and French. Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
• Self-motivated, client-oriented with a strong sense of personal ethic, integrity and a big appetite for quality improvement and accountability to improve stewardship of ALIGHT’s resources
• Motivated to help navigate ALIGHT Rwanda towards a period of change to achieve its new country strategy, to diversify and grow
• Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills to build strong relationships and trust among stakeholders, and a sense of diplomacy
• High level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground
• Highly motivated self-starter who takes direction well, but also works independently
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
• Keen eye for detail
• Capacity to think ahead and highlight areas of risk and concern
• Demonstrate commitment to ALIGHTS core values and policies
• Ability to work in a sensitive, multi-cultural context as a respectful team player and manager
• Exercises situational awareness and good judgment in precarious security situations
• Ability and willingness to live and work full-time in isolated areas of Rwanda
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified registered nurses should submit a 1page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages), and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is November 11st 2020 at 5:00 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment