Special Needs Education Coordinator/TTC
Jobs at:Federation Handicap International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
20th October 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
In order to strengthen its capacity, HI recruits for its “Expanding access to inclusive basic education for vulnerable children including children with disabilities in pre-primary, primary and secondary schools of Rwanda’’ (EXACTE) a Special Needs Education Coordinator/TTC in the context of a salaried position. .
Under the supervision of the project manager, as a line manager, with the technical support of the Technical Assistant to REB, the SNECO will be responsible for the following:
• Technical support for the capacity building of decentralized structures (district level) to coordinate and address issues of children with disabilities and scaling up access to inclusive education.
• Reinforcement of the capacities of TTCs’ principals, TTCs’ deputy principals, tutors and pre-service teachers in the application of inclusive pedagogical practices
• Technical support to improve capacity to deliver inclusive pedagogy and to support access of children with disabilities to quality education in inclusive model and cluster schools.
• Technical support to the community in addressing issues of stigma and discrimination at family and grass-root levels
• Monitoring the training and the application of inclusive pedagogical practices during a school internship
• She/he will act in collaboration with the EXACTE project staff team, EXACTE Project Manager, HI Quality, Monitoring, and Evaluation Manager, HI Human Resources Manager, HI Inclusion Operational Coordinator, HI Support Services Coordinator, HI Country Director. He/she will be based in Kigali with regular field visits in provinces.
• Capacity to negotiate and work with educational authorities
• Capacity to conduct training and sensitization sessions;
• Capacity to work with schools and community
• Capacity to write reports in a structured English/French
• Knowledge about disability issues and inclusion.
• Knowledge of active, interactive and participative methods for training.
• Capacity to build relations with others.
• Strong capacity in communication/adapt the message to the audience
• Capacity to collect and analyze data.
• Used to fieldwork.
• Careful and willing to work in rural areas
Experiences and Qualifications
• University degree (Bachelor’s degree) in education, Psycho pedagogy, Psychology, Clinical Psychology, social sciences, and Special Needs Education.
• Bachelor’s degree in education with the specification of Special and Inclusive Education;
• Bachelor’s degree in Educational Psychology with the specification of Special and Inclusive Education.
• Being familiar with inclusive education and capacity building skills
• Experience of 3 years in the field of special and inclusive education and education system in general
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
The application package must include a resume (CV), a covering letter with 3 professional references (contacts) and copies of diploma(s) to be addressed to the HI Country Director, no later than Sunday 20th October 2019 at the address below:
FEDERATION HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL, KK15 Rd/KK10 Ave KICUKIRO IMELA HOUSE B.P. 747 Kigali-Rwanda
Or by e-mail: email@example.com with the subject: SNECO-EXACTE-2019-10
N.B: In respect of the current law, persons with disabilities will be given a priority if they prove professional skills as equally as other candidates in tests and interviews.