Software Project Manager
Jobs at:Global Health Corps (GHC)
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Paid Jobs for Youth: GHC Fellowship Opportunities
Rwandan citizens are eligible to apply for positions in Rwanda
What is the Global Health Corps Fellowship?
Global Health Corps is a community of emerging leaders who believe that great ideas don’t change the world, great PEOPLE do! We provide opportunities for talented young professionals from diverse sectors and backgrounds to work in leading health-focused organizations in year-long, paid fellowship positions. The fellowship begins in July 2021 and extends through July 2022. Positions are available in nonprofit, government, and private sector organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia. Fellows engage in training, professional development, and thoughtful community-building, and continue to draw upon their fellowship experience and the GHC alumni network as they build careers of lasting impact.
Applicants apply to a specific position within a specific organization and in a specific country, just like applying for a job. Fellows are selected based on their ability to fit that job description and their fit with the GHC leadership practices. To learn more about the GHC leadership practices, visit: http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Fellows are placed in organizations in pairs– one international fellow and one local fellow from the placement country– creating a fellowship team that is a central part of the fellowship experience.
What Benefits do fellows receive?
• Monthly living stipend ($650)
• Utilities stipend
• Health insurance
• A professional development grant of $600
• A completion award of $1500
• An advising program that pairs each fellow with an advisor in his/her area of work or interest
• A two-week Training Institute to begin the fellowship
• A five-day Midyear retreat in Southern Africa
• A five-day End-of-Year retreat in East Africa to finish the fellowship
• Three multi-day trainings during the year
• Travel to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
• Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country manager
• Personal development and accompaniment program
IS A BACKGROUND IN GLOBAL HEALTH OR DEVELOPMENT REQUIRED?
Not at all! GHC is building a community of leaders with diverse skillsets and backgrounds. Experience in global health or development is NOT required.
What do GHC alumni do after the fellowship?
• 95% work in global health and social justice
• 83% are in mid-level or senior leadership roles
• 85% of African alumni continue to work on the African continent
• 64% work closely with other alumni beyond the fellowship year
• 20% are founders.
What have fellows said about their GHC experience? “”
“The GHC community is so important to me. It’s people who are linked together by social ties, share a common goal, and work together to improve quality of life.” – Dorothy Mkwezalamba, 2014-2015 fellow.
“I struggled to find my place. I decided to become a GHC fellow and then it became very clear that I needed to get back to my first love, which is working in HIV from the public health angle.” – Mwiche Siame, 2012-2013 fellow.
“GHC leaves me with the desire to stay in public health, fight for social justice, and thrive to make health a global human right.” — Aime Nshizirungu, 2014-2015 GHC fellow. .
Organization Name: Ministry of Health – Rwanda
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Eligible Citizenship: Rwanda
Role Code: R04-Nat
The Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) is making efforts to digitize its services by strengthening the Health Sector Staff Mutual Assistance Group (HSS-MAG) IT system which is part of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan. The goal of the master plan is to take the country to the next level of productivity and efficiency. It aims to bring advances in health technology, policy, and other areas to the country in order to improve staff motivation and retention, performance, quality, and safety in the health sector.
The Software Project Manager will support the Ministry in its activities by assessing progress made towards achieving existing goals and by identifying and addressing gaps that may be limiting MOH’s ability to digitize health services, especially HSS-MAG financial management.
• Support development of HSS-MAG IT system workplan for 2021-2024 which highlights flagship projects
• Assist in designing and launching new ICT projects (e.g. financial management and/or monitoring)
• Develop an approach for software quality assurance to ensure that financial processes and products conform to established standards
• Register current IT applications and assess their infrastructure capability and maturity against agreed-on maturity assessment models, especially the rollout of the management software to outlets (HSS-MAG sub-committees in health facilities)
• Contribute to the development of a roadmap to implement the Integrated ICT Solutions for the health sector
• Support the definition of best practices for information management project governance structures for the sector
• Develop a plan to record eHealth documentation and best practices
• Propose HSS-MAG IT solutions maturity models, frameworks, and associated standards for the MOH
• Establish an adoption plan for the implementation of the management software rollout and identify priority items across the entire health sector
• Facilitate collaboration towards interoperability across all the systems in the health sector and other sectors
• Conduct regular system audits/reviews and provide updates to both strategic decision makers and operational teams
• Develop a benefits realization framework that defines measurable outcomes of ICT projects
Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software design, or a related field*
• At least one year of professional experience*
• Experience designing, implementing, or managing sizeable enterprise IT systems, software, or applications, especially in financial management*
• Computer programing languages and knowledge in DBMS: PHP, Java, .NET (C#), SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres (PostgreSQL), or Oracle*
• Experience with project monitoring, such as designing, gathering, tracking, or reporting on key metrics*
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, MS Project, Visio, or other IT project management package*
• Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, software design, or a related field
• Relevant IT skills (e.g. systems design or architecture, IT infrastructure planning or design, software development, database administration, IT security management, and/or IT service operations)
• Experience designing or assessing software systems’ infrastructure capability, quality assurance, and/or maturity
• Track record of successfully implementing new projects
• Certification in MCSE, MCSD, MCTS, CCNA, Java, Linux, Oracle, project management, or related IT project management certificate
• Working proficiency in French
• Self-motivated, quick, and assertive
• Proven leadership experience and ability to work well under pressure in complex and dynamic environments
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong organization, time management, and leadership skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
For a full job, list check on https://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply-to-be-a-fellow/fellowship-position/
To apply go to http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Applications close: January 13, 2021
FOR MORE QUESTIONS,
Contact [email protected]