- Company: BRAC
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is a development success story, born in Bangladesh and expanding into 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa. It spreads anti-poverty solutions making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 through its Dutch registered Stichting BRAC International. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In February 2019, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the fourth consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Social Performance Associate
The purpose of this position is to implement responsible inclusive finance in the microfinance entities of BRAC International by delivering financial services in a way that is transparent, fair, safe, and likely to generate benefits for poor clients. S/he will specifically put into operation the Universal Standards for Social Performance Management (USSSPM), the Client Protection Principles (CPP), using both the Cerise SPI4 tool and the Smart Campaign’s assessment tools for ongoing use and improvement of practice by country team management. The position is reportable to Social Performance Manager and will work closely with the SP focal person(s) in each of the BRAC International microfinance (BI MF) countries to implement responsible inclusive finance. Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following-
- Work with Social Performance Manger and country leadership to follow up on Social Performance Management (SPM) work plan and schedule for each countries’ implementation of responsible inclusive finance (RIF) practices and ensure plan is fully implemented.
- Train country and program staff on RIF and how to use RIF related tools.
- Support each BI MF country to 1. Build internal capacity to implement Universal Standards for Social Performance Management (USSSPM), the Client Protection Principles (CPP) 2. Conduct the SPI4 and Smart Campaign assessments 3. Improve practices to achieve compliance targets 4. Demonstrate results to internal and external stakeholders 5. Use and update tools on an ongoing basis to track improved performance.
- Work with digital implementation and innovation manager, IT teams, and countries to improve data collection practices and data quality for social outcomes reporting (including rural and poverty likelihood segmentation, and other client outcome indicators). Collect and report on social outcomes related data.
- Work with country teams in ensuring that consideration (backed up by social data) is given to social objectives in all key investment, strategic and other management decisions.
- Work with the BIHBV team and leadership, governing bodies, and country leadership to promote use of social data and implementation of industry best practices across BI’s portfolio of microfinance programs.
- To ensure BIHBV leadership/ boards receives robust responsible inclusive finance education and data from MF entities on a regular basis (quarterly) through the presentation of SPI4 and Smart tools results as well as other reports and assessments.
- Manage the preparation of an annual Responsible Inclusive Finance Report.
Master’s/ Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance/Economics/Development Studies from an accredited University.
- Strong knowledge (or willingness to become an expert) of SPM and Client Protection industry best practices and standards, and their application in financial institutions.
- Adaptable and eager to learn with a willingness to self-teach
- Strong excel skills (including using macros, pivot tables and similar functions)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Fluency in English required (spoken, reading and written)
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in development and social issues
- Passionate about social outcomes for microfinance clients
- Ability to work with cross boarder team and culture
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with poor infrastructure and human capacities
- 2-4 years’ experience in: microfinance, business development, product development, operational management or performance/portfolio quality management.
- Experience in Microfinance operations is preferable.
- Experience to train people and applying best practices (in academic research, strategy or practical application)
Employment type: Regular
Job Location : Kigali, Rwanda
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 40/19 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 25 September 2019
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer