SGBV Protection Officer
Deadline of this Job:
05 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VACANCY – SGBV PROTECTION OFFICER.
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people, and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full-time staff, community mobilizers, and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven, and committed individual to join its team as an SGBV PROTECTION OFFICER.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The SGBV Protection Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and leading SGBV response and prevention activities in Gihembe Camp. The staff will work with Protection staff to identify protection concerns from Persons of concerns, collaborate and build relationships with community activists, local community partners, and service providers to conduct community engagement meetings on SGBV. .
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES;
• Coordinate and oversee the quality implementation of SASA methodology
• Provide technical support to the community activists and other structures working to prevent GBV.
• Create and strengthen relationships with other service providers operating at the site.
• Provide technical support, coaching, and supervision to GBV caseworkers and GBV prevention officer.
• Organize and lead international events on GBV including 16 days of Activism, international women’s day, and Day of African child.
• Represent ALIGHT in different inter-agency GBV and child protection coordination meetings at the site level and provide feedback for further programming.
• Increase feedback from the community through the submission of weekly community engagement reports;
• Work with other partners to mainstream SGBV prevention and response in their existing services;
• Organize and lead community sensitization campaigns on SGBV, child protection, and human rights as well as Gender;
• Support SGBV prevention officer in strengthening GBV community-based protection mechanisms;
• Participation in regular protection assessments to identify SGBV and child protection concerns;
• Work collaboratively with UNHCR, stakeholders, MINEMA, Police, district officials to mobilize community members on SGBV and child protection;
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
• Commitment to personally champion ALIGHT’s program vision and mission and inspire others to do the same;
• Ability to create self-reliance among refugees;
• Must have cross-cultural and strong interpersonal skills to work with refugees and vulnerable persons;
• Demonstrated good organization capabilities;
• Punctual at his/her duty station;
• Respectful and willing to support others;
• Confident in carrying out his/her tasks;
• Ability to maintain patient confidentiality;
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Community Psychology, Education, and other any other related fields;
• Three years of working experience in Community services with an INGO
• Excellent report writing, communication, and analytical skills.
• The person must be able to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
• Strong computer skills
• Good listening skills.
• Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs, and student organizations as directed;
• Planning and organizational skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in stressful situations and under pressure.
• Proven record of nonviolence.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified registered nurses should submit a 1page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages), and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is January 5th, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.