Senior Special System Manager
Jobs at:Mace Group
Deadline of this Job:
04 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project: New build airport project on a greenfield site in excess of 2,500 hectares. The project consists of 110,000 sqm terminal to cater for 7 million passengers per year and includes cargo, catering, retail facilities, associated baggage systems and all infrastructure including roads and car parks. Additional buildings include police station, fire station, presidential suite and Duty Free.
Performing comprehensive design review function to ensure quality design and best practices are implemented. To manage a team of engineers and inspectors to ensure proper quality control and that the work performed complies with all requirements of the contract documents, drawings and specifications. .
Your responsibilities will include:
• Instigating quality assurance and control procedures. Reviewing mock-ups, method statements and shop drawings.
• Inspecting permanent works executed by the contractor on site and detailing any deficiencies / non-conformance and necessary corrective actions.
• Attending factory acceptance tests and provide the review reports.
• Ensuring contractors’ performance of remedial works raised on the non-compliance register.
• Attending to contractor’s RFI, technical and design queries and coordinate responses
• Conducting daily site walk-through and inspection to identify anomalies and/or construction defects
• Developing site planning, logistics and procedures for the execution of the works.
• Developing and instigating work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
• Liaising, coordinating and monitor the activities of PM/CM, design, consultants, contractors, suppliers, direct labour and materials, etc.
• Reviewing contractors’ payment applications and participate in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
• Coordinating design changes onsite and ensure that design is followed through.
• Managing, testing and commissioning project close out including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of the work, contract vendor closeout and handover to airport operational readiness (AOR) team for airport operation.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first – going home safe and well, Client focus – deliver on our promise, Create opportunity – for our people to excel, Integrity – always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply