Senior Operation Research Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Senior Operation Research Advisor will work as an integral part of the Ingobyi Activity MEL Team. S/he will report directly to the MEL Director. The Senior Operation Research Advisor will lead many of the activities on the learning agenda, particularly implementation science research activities. .
• Strategic planning and management of research activities
• Develop action-oriented implementation research agenda, program evaluations in close collaboration with the technical team members.
• Draft concept notes and develop protocols for all implementation science activities, submit concepts and protocols to MEL Director for review, HQ and US and local IRBs as required.
• Ensure all learning and research activities follow IntraHealth’s and national standards, including the protection of human subjects and are implemented in a timely manner and according to protocols; particular emphasis on maintaining appropriate regulatory documentation and ensuring informed consent procedures for all aspects of research studies, including, but not limited to, the protection of confidentiality.
• Manage study teams, including field/study coordinators, data collectors, and entry clerks, to implement research/learning activities appropriately.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, demography or other relevant health areas.
• Proven experience as a research/ study coordinator/implementation scientist.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in RMNCH/malaria or other public health research in a development context.
• Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative research techniques, reporting, documentation, data analysis and presentation
• Proven experience in manuscript writing and publication
• Programmatic, administrative, and financial skills needed for developing research plans, project work plans and budgets.
• Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages such as SPSS or Stata and MaxQDA.
• Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes, and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources, and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
• Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
• Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
• Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization's exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
• Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
• Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1028/JobBoard/e2116091-25aa-2eb8-64d2-db11ee75b469/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3d2977e4-36c2-42c3-af68-6e27b8210e04