Jobs at:African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a not-for-profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with Ministries of Health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiological and disease surveillance capabilities of African countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy and the International Health Regulations (IHR). AFENET is seeking to recruit highly qualified & experienced persons to serve in the following positions; Field Coordinator, Science Epidemiologist and a Finance & Administration Officer in Rwanda. .
To support Rwanda FETP efforts at publishing, growing and sustaining her funding and partner base.
Works under the coordination of the Rwanda FELTP Director at Rwanda Biomedical Center to:
1. Resource mobilization and partner engagement (10%)
• Participate in developing annual funding goals for AFENET and RFETP, and efforts towards meeting them.
• Routinely perform partner searches for suitability to engage with AFENET and RFETP
• Participate in development of advocacy materials for AFENET and RFETP
• Participate in partner engagement efforts/meetings as needed.
• In instances of partnerships, ensure that AFENET’s and RFETP`s interests are taken care of through execution of teaming and other relevant agreements.
2. Project development: (20%)
• Develop concept notes on areas of RFETP interest.
• Research, synthesize and share funding opportunity announcements of interest to RFETP
• Lead the process of obtaining internal approval for grant pursuit, including setting up a writing team.
• Coordinate the proposal writing process, ensuring internal and donor timelines are met.
• Ensure project proposals and all submissions are compliant with donor requirements.
• Manage communication with grant agencies during grant development, submission, review, and approval and coordinate any necessary pre-award functions, including maintaining active registration for AFENET and RFETP in relevant databases.
3. Project management support: (10%)
• Organize project initiation meetings, ensuring orientation of project teams on contractual obligations and other obligations for all new projects.
• Collaborate with others to ensure to ensure timely submission of partner-compliant reports
• Track assigned AFENET Subcontractors in Rwanda, ensuring deliverables are met. Maintain an archive of all related documents.
• Keep track of assigned RFETP contracts, ensuring contractual obligations are met, including but not limited to reporting, notices, etc.
• Coordinate the closeout of assigned projects, ensuring all necessary documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
• Independently provide advisory support to project management teams.
• Coordinate the development, review and submission of prior approval requests.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
4. Scientific Writing (60%)
• Responsible for overseeing writing manuscripts for the RFETP (aka Advanced FETP) residents and MoH as needed.
• Support statistical analysis of work done by trainees, Program Staff and MoH-Epidemiology Staff
• Work closely with the program staff to develop manuscripts for various projects and will ensure timely submission of papers for publication
• Take the lead in following-up with the authors and the journal until the paper is accepted for publication
• Develop and maintain a log/database of all publications from the RFETP
• Work together with the Program Staff to organize and conduct Scientific Writing Workshops for Trainees, RFETP Staff and MoH-Epidemiology Staff
• Review all the RFETP abstracts and manuscripts and presentations to ensure scientific integrity of these products prior to approval before submission to conferences and journals
• Work together with the other RFETP and MoH Epidemiology Staff to write concepts, expressions of interest, and/or proposals for any new initiatives that may arise during the contract period
• Support documentation of key projects, Success stories and findings to be included in the RFETP archives
• Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by your supervisor
Required qualifications and experience:
• Masters’ degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Global/International Health, and/or Project Management/Planning or related field.
• First degree in MBcHB or its equivalent
• Computer proficiency and knowledge of statistical software like Epi-info and/or STATA
• Minimum of three years’ experience in field epidemiology or applied public health practice
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Training in project management is desired advantage.
• Experience working with a variety of donor agencies.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your resume, application letter, and relevant Documentation to:
The Administration and HR Office Email: [email protected]
Only successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Please note that all application should be sent online by close of business 5:30 pm (EAT) Friday February 12, 2021.
Note: More details about this position can be obtained from our website: http://www.afenet.net