Rwanda Strategy & Operations Analyst
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
27 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information. .
About The Role
• We are looking for a motivated project analyst to join our Strategic Projects team sitting in the Rwanda Strategy & Finance department.
• You will work on short-medium term projects across multiple functions to solve complex operational, strategic, and financial problems to increase farmer impact, improve operations and achieve higher sustainability.
• You will be creating structure out of ambiguity. With so many varied projects, no day is ever the same, and the role includes exposure to high-level strategy, working within different departments, and getting into the field.
• You will report to the Strategic Projects Manager and take on full ownership of projects, from planning, through to execution and follow-up, often working directly with project partners, including sometimes the Country/Deputy-Country Directors. The projects will vary depending on program priorities and project complexities, but you will manage anywhere from 2-5 projects at any given time and are expected to handle any type of project – from quantitative modeling to primary research – with a focus on analyzing and solving the problem at hand.
• You may be asked to take on direct management responsibilities within our growing team of analysts. Longer-term, there will also be opportunities to lead increasingly large projects or join/lead a department you are supporting.
Career Growth And Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in strategy (financial, operational, business, or other), management consulting, or similar style project experience, and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission.
• Strong educational background; bachelor's degree or higher.
• Technical skills; Advanced Office/Google Suite, especially Excel (can perform complex functions). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) is a plus.
• Demonstrated leadership experience at work or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning and openness to feedback.
• Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to understand complex concepts quickly and to learn fast
• You have at least one year of experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
• Language: English Required (Kinyarwanda is also very useful)
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply.