Rwanda New Product Trial Specialist
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As the New Product Trial Specialist, you will be based on the Product Integration team within the wider Product Innovation department. In general, you will be a leader within the wider Impact Division, helping to improve the One Acre Fund program by being a technical leader in product development and evaluation. .
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Background research: the Specialist will be responsible for identifying and proposing new products to offer farmers. As such, you will independently undertake appropriate desk research to develop cases for or against new products and trials.
• Trial design: as the Specialist, you will be responsible for taking an active role in designing new product trials especially within your portfolio with the support of the team lead, but will be available to assist in other trials as well. This will include a written document explaining the trial from start to finish along with proper project management tools such as calendar, issues trackers, theory of change, and more. You will elicit all necessary feedback for such trial designs from all relevant partners (both internal and external to the organization).
• Evaluation planning: As part of trial designs, all products under the Specialist’s portfolio will be evaluated appropriately to draw proper conclusions. Evaluation plans are expected for all new product trials, which include: sampling strategy, sample size, and analysis strategy. Depending on the complexity of the trial, the Specialist will collaborate with Integration Data Specialist and Team Lead for the development of any evaluation plan.
• Survey development: You will elaborate all drafts of surveys about product portfolio either independently or with support from the Data Specialist. You will ensure input into CommCare or other survey tool and verify that it is functioning, in partnership with Data Specialist.
• Report Writing: Together with Integration Data Specialist, you will write up synthetic reports of all trials, surveys or evaluations for internal use. Reports will include quanititative and qualitative data to support all conclusions and recommendations.
• Impact Model ownership: Where appropriate (new product or intervention) Specialist will own the updating and elaboration of impact models, ensuring that they reflect the most realistic impact of a new product or intervention
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Job Skills: Not Specified
We are seeking a business or agribusiness or research professional with +2 years of work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Project management skills and the ability to create and stick to timelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, business, economics, international trade, and development or a related field required
• Understanding of program evaluation strongly preferred, demonstrated the ability to use data for decision-making required, understanding of basic statistics also required.
• Passion for team building and collaboration with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and through multiple media including remote work
• Stata, R, or another statistical package preferred, Microsoft excel required
• Written and oral English required, knowledge of French, Kinyarwanda or Swahili very useful
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ( [email protected] ), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=2218721&gh_src=c9d8878e1us