ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Marketing and Enrollment Brand Specialist will be a crucial member in supporting marketing and enrollment strategy design in Rwanda. The hire will be a core member of the Field Operations Team, based in Rubengera, and will report to the Marketing and Enrollment Lead.
The Marketing and Enrollment Brand Specialist will support the Marketing and Enrollment Lead in the creation of the TUBURA brand, and the overall marketing strategy used to attract more clients. This initiative will increase the scale at which One Acre Fund is able to create impact across Rwanda.
In this role, the hire will be responsible for:
- The design and prototyping of persuasive marketing messages that convert our target audiences into clients
- Researching key questions to learn more about farmers and identify marketing opportunities in order to design new strategies that increase our farmer reach.
- Creating trainings that grow our marketing team into an expert salesforce.
- Conducting well designed, high-quality trials that test new strategies to increase program exposure in Rwanda throughout the various phases of marketing and enrollment.
- Working alongside the design team to create user-friendly materials that convey key messages.
- Overseeing the procurement and movement of essential marketing materials to and from the field.
This role will likely evolve into leading a broader and deeper portfolio of marketing/enrollment design or operations projects depending on strengths, interests, and priorities.
The Marketing and Enrollment Brand Specialist will be tasked with researching questions around client reach and strategies to increase client numbers per Field Officer. This will include looking into how farmers perceive the One Acre Fund program, how farmers choose to enroll, and what barriers exist to farmers joining the program. The research will also encompass looking at what factors inhibit Field Officers from taking on more clients, and what strategies can be used to overcome those challenges.
The Brand Specialist will work closely with the Field Operations Research Team to develop questions for monthly surveys and seasonal marketing and enrollment post-mortems. The research that the Marketing and Enrollment Brand Specialist is involved in will ultimately help develop the TUBURA brand across Rwanda and shape strategies that help the Field Operations Team meet their 5 year total client goals.
The Marketing and Enrollment Brand Specialist will use research findings to design well-thought out, comprehensive trials that test assumptions and provide recommendations for the future. Within this process, the Brand Specialist will be charged with the trial design, including defining the scope, location and intervention, in addition to the execution of the trial itself and the monitoring and evaluation of results. Potential trials could include:
- Prototyping of key messages in the field
- Testing above the line marketing initiatives in different geographic location based on: feasibility, market saturation, and access.
The hire will work alongside the Marketing and Enrollment Lead throughout this process, however, they will maintain ownership of trials and will work independently on executing them.
Reporting and Analysis
Using the research and trial results, the Marketing and Enrollment Brand Specialist will share findings with the wider team through memos and reports. Being able to communicate effectively through writing is critical in this role, and will be essential in helping the Marketing and Enrollment Lead develop the seasonal enrollment strategy. The Brand Specialist will provide crucial information to help align stakeholders on key initiatives so that they are executed effectively and allow us to serve more farmers.
Campaign Development and Design
In collaboration with the Marketing and Enrollment Lead, the Brand Specialist will help design the annual thematic campaigns, consisting of above and below the line marketing strategies. The Brand Specialist will be the primary contact with the Global Design Team and will be tasked with designing marketing materials such as product catalogues, impact photos, posters, flyers and radio scripts.
Within this process, the Brand Specialist will also oversee the movement of marketing materials to and from HQ and will liaise with other teams to make sure that marketing activities are running smoothly and being executed effectively.
Field Operations Tasks
In addition to the above, the Brand Specialist will attend extensive field visits to monitor the execution of strategy in the field. This will occur throughout the marketing and enrollment period as well as during other times of the year to improve familiarity with farmers and the program, in order to more effectively develop strategies that increase the breadth and depth of our impact. The Brand Specialist may also be involved in other day to day tasks that assist in the execution of marketing and enrollment activities both at HQ and in the field.
Additional Special Projects and Responsibilities
After 3-6 months getting up to speed, additional special projects could be added to the Brand Specialist’s work portfolio (based on interest, bandwidth, and priorities – and subject to change):
- Work that encompasses more strategic decision making such as the development of the seasonal execution calendar and materials portfolio.
- External communication to different departments or stakeholders outside of the organization to present on past and current learnings and future endeavors.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-5 years of work experience, and a demonstrated long–term passion for international development.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career-track role with minimum initial commitment of two years. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Someone who is collaborative, creative and loves to think ‘outside the box’
- Strong work experience overseeing marketing campaigns in a rural setting.
- Skillful in trial design and overseeing the execution of research in a rural setting.
- Ability to design materials using Adobe Illustrator or In design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office– including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, and confidence in working and aligning with multiple stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
- High level of detail orientation and self-organization. You should be a proactive problem solver and strong communicator. This portfolio is a high priority for the organization and, as such, demands a high level of excellence in execution.
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likable team. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural Rwanda for at least two years – this is a long–term, career–track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language – English and Kinyarwanda
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No ; Rwandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here