About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Field Operations Research Team is responsible for producing fast and actionable research insights that enable other teams across the Rwanda country program to create effective strategies or make changes to programs already in the field. As the Research Coordinator, you will manage the implementation of research projects in the field and ensure the quality of the data being collected.
You will report to the Strategy Research Lead and manage two field teams with an average of five research evaluators each.
- Management of research process – oversee the implementation of research projects, including stakeholder communication and data collection.
- Team management – manage two research teams and ensure that team resources are used efficiently.
- Capacity building – develop training for your team to help them improve the quality of the data they collect and increase their repertoire of research methods.
- Knowledge management – design a system to make research findings accessible to everyone at the organization.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for . For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience conducting research in the field
- Proficiency in qualitative research methods
- Experience managing a small-medium sized team
- Experience managing multiple small projects at the same time
- English and Kinyarwanda required.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No ; Must have existing rights to work in [x country]. [x country nationals / East Africans] are strongly encouraged to apply.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @ oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ( [email protected] ), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.