About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Global Procurement teams oversee over $10M in spending each year across over 15,000 transactions and manage all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 1M smallholder farmers.
You will support standardized processes and create over 5% of purchasing cost out of the system through contracting and upstream supplier sourcing. You will report to the Procurement Specialist, implement important projects to improve quality, and improve cycle time, resulting in internal clients satisfaction.
Tender Management and Purchasing
- To lead procurement needs forecast and ensure requesting departments place monthly requests at the beginning of every month
- To coordinate the vendor pre-qualification tender to increase the number of vendors per item category, prepare tendering documents and complete tendering data entry, set up meetings, and manage advertisements
- To coordinate purchase of stock items from wholesale companies & manufacturers
- To manage purchases for all goods/services under long-term contracts and coordinate order delivery/payment
- Review price changes over the allowable tolerance and advise management on proposed next steps e.g. re-tendering
- To manage market search and supplier search campaigns to ensure wide reach and contract effectiveness
- Draft, modify, update, and maintain contracts and associated documentation
- To monitor contract expiry and renewal dates
- To review market trends and advise management of potential contracting risk or significant anticipated price changes under contracts
- To set up a contract change control system to collect, analyze, track, and communicate contract changes both approved and denied to the contract
Other Support Functions
- To run data analysis of customer demand and historical data from reports and inventory counts to identify items to be converted into stock and forecast inventory needs
- To make recommendations on preventing stock outs, ensuring delivery of stock items within 48 hours and decreasing losses from damaged and stolen inventory
- To organize supplier meeting calendars to minimize supply challenges by meeting with at least 2 top suppliers per month.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience or education in procurement/supply chain/logistics would be advantageous
- Well-presented and professional
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with other teams and departments
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Always look for alternative solutions to problems
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th August, 2021.