Rwanda Communications Specialist
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Partnerships Division manages external relations and communications with the Government of Rwanda and other stakeholders. The Strategic Communications Specialist should quickly learn the intimate details of TUBURA’s Core and Government Services programs in order to accurately communicate key details to external stakeholders – specifically, members of the press in Rwanda. This will involve time in the field to understand program implementation, and time with all team members, allowing you to find creative and strategic ways to communicate our work to journalists, editors and radio and TV producers.
You will also translate quantitative program data into sound bites and compelling and quotable messaging for various campaigns, whether geared toward government stakeholders or toward members of the media.
Our aim is to hire an enterprising individual who will help us improve the focus, quality and frequency of media coverage of TUBURA in Rwanda; strengthen TUBURA’s relationships with key members of the media; and interpret strategic direction and vision communicated by leadership to identify media objectives.
Activities will focus on three scopes of work: Government Communications
• Producing TUBURA’s regular reports to government, including quarterly and annual reports; this involves the information gathering, analysis, writing, and production of the reports.
• Producing additional communications materials, including presentations, reports, videos, pamphlets, fact sheets, booklets, etc.
• Gathering all program information and making it accessible to internal stakeholders through a dashboard. Develop new communications systems for internal coordination and communication.
• Develop and direct marketing efforts to enhance the performance and value of the One Acre Fund Rwanda brand.
• Monitor social media and online media data to ensure that the right messaging around the organization is being delivered.
• Help design and implement social media campaigns involving dissemination via our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
• Oversee community management strategy, ensuring that TUBURA’s brand voice is consistent and responses to followers are informative, engaging and memorable.
• Craft external media- or government-facing talking points and messaging for various TUBURA projects.
• Develop strong relationships with key members of the Kigali and regional Rwandan media, including bloggers and other influencers.
• Source story ideas from across TUBURA divisions and programs, and translate them into compelling and effective content for media pitches.
• Serve as a liaison between the communications team and the GR team, both proactively and reactively (i.e. regular calls and document sharing with the Comms team, as well as being a primary point of contact if an incident should occur which requires media outreach).
• Help connect with potential government, private sector or nonprofit partners who can help to enhance One Acre Fund’s reputation in Rwanda and bring new benefits to farmers.
• Assist the GR Communications Lead in configuring the parameters of each partnership, including contributing to the writing of proposals, Memorandums of Understanding and guidelines.
• Contribute to the implementation of these partnerships, and tracking the progress of each.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Job Skills: Not Specified
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 3+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Work Experience: You should have 3+ years of strong work experience in communications, public relations, or journalism. This experience should include the design of communication strategies, assembly of engaging communicating materials, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information to produce analytical reports.
• Excellent writing and editing skills: Capable of delivering high quality reports, presentations and proposals with minimal need for content editing or proofreading.
• Software skills: Expertise in Microsoft Office especially PowerPoint and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets). Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat would be an added plus.
• Event Planning: Experience developing, planning and executing high-level events.
• Social Influencing Experience: A strong understanding of the social influencer space.
• Social Media Content Management: 2+ years creating and managing social media content.
• Attitude: Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with a willingness to learn about media strategy.
• Growth: Potential to move into a GR leadership position within 6-12 months, based on performance.
• Language: Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda required; French is a bonus.
• Passion: Passionate and innovative about bringing new ideas to life.
We are looking for someone with leadership potential who is comfortable working independently. This is a career track role where you will be exposed to high level leadership for communication planning.
Preferred Start Date: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply: