Rwanda Agricultural Research Stations Coordinator (Product Innovations)
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
05 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The Product Development team, part of the Innovations Department at Tubura, conducts trials on-station (Phase 1) and on-farm (Phase 2) to support the data needs of the program teams. In Phase 1 we conduct trials at three stations located in contrasting environments of Rwanda; Rutsiro, Karongi, and Kayonza districts. Phase 1 trials are an essential step for technology adaptation, product impact evaluation, basic agronomic knowledge building, and for the comparative analysis among different options of the same intervention.
As the Product Development Stations Coordinator, you will report to the Product Development Team Lead. Overall, you will oversee Phase 1 trial implementation and:
• Ensure high-quality trial implementation at stations through team management and robust protocols.
• Coordinate procurement of trial inputs and maintain assets (infrastructure, equipment) at each station.
• Lead research projects of low complexity.
• Support colleagues and other teams on agronomic related issues and lead station tours. .
As a Stations Coordinator, it will be your responsibility to:
• Coordinate the Kayonza, Karongi and Rutsiro stations – You will be responsible for staff management, trials set up and follow up, equipment inventory, infrastructure maintenance, and improvement, overseeing the harvest management and sales according to protocols, updating station databases every week, performing ongoing data cleaning (to identify and correct all mistakes) within four weeks of the harvest.
• Coordinate the procurement of inputs for Phase 1 and Phase 2 trials.
• Build team capacity.
• Draft and improve protocols.
• Lead a variety of trials and perform desk research projects.
• Develop a strategy to increase station efficiency.
• Support other teams in Tubura.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor's Degree in a science field, related to agriculture.
• Experience working with agricultural trials (either on-farm or on-station) for at least one full season and an understanding of experimental design.
• High proficiency working with tabular (agricultural) data.
• Ability to manage people and work collaboratively towards a solution.
• Can clearly communicate in written and verbal English and Kinyarwanda.
• Can independently design a trial to test a hypothesis.
• Can perform an online research to collect technical information.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: In line with experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply: https://boards.greenhouse.io/oneacrefundrwanda/jobs/2214759?gh_src=db6944451us