- Company: Rusumo TL SS engineers(Substation Engineer)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Rwanda
Rusumo Hydro Power Project (80 MW), a shared resource between Rwanda, Tanzania and
Burundi is under construction. The three (3) utilities REG/Rwanda, TANESCO/Tanzania and REGIDESO/Burundi are responsible for the construction of the transmission lines in their respective countries to evacuate the power plant. The line within Rwanda is 220kV, 119 km long. It is in the above context that the management of Energy Development
Corporation Limited (EDCL), a subsidiary of Rwanda Energy Group (REG) seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Transmission Engineer and Substation Engineer to support the implementation of the above Transmission-line.
Below are the details:
• Assist in Supervision of the implementation of the substation contract for the Project and establishment of a Project Site Organization for the contractor as specified below:
• Examination and approval with the consultant of the EPC Contractor detailed design documents and drawings for compliance with the specifications in accordance with sound engineering practice;
• Supervision of all substation installation activities and ensure that the works are done in compliance with the contract plans and specifications with regards to both quality and timing,
• Inspecting and approving with the consultant the factory acceptance tests (FAT) during the manufacture of major substation items of equipment and at the manufacturers’ premises;
• Verify-in collaboration with the consultant if the material and equipment delivered at field sites correspond to the technical specifications.
• Supervise and approve the testing and commissioning of substation installation works.
• Check and approval with the consultant of complete set of “As-Built” drawings, and documentation; and hand over formalities.
• Approval with the consultant of the EPC Contractor’s human resources and occupational health and safety policy.
• In providing all contract notices, instructions, orders, certificates, approvals and all communications under the contract (generally referred to as contract administration) for the contract and liaison with the contractor.
• Any change (variation) orders, completion time extension and/or financial claims arising from the contractor, requires the approval of Client after a deep assessment and recommendations to Client based on the day-to-day records and applicable conditions of contract.
• Prepare the completion certificates and final acceptance certificates with the consultant to contractors as per the terms and conditions of the contract.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly project progress reports as required by Client.
• Monitor compliance with the consultant by the EPC Contractor during installation and commissioning for applicable legal requirements of Rwanda.
• Prepare and submit with the consultant the Project Completion Report that outlines, inter-alia, achievements in meeting the objectives and target set out for Client.
Qualifications and experience
• Have at least a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in electrical engineering,
• HV AC substations design,
• Have at least 5 years of experience at least in the field of High Voltage substations construction and design with technical know-how in power system protection/control
• Added advantage: Experience working on implementing and managing projects on AfDB and/or World Bank-funded projects
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card or passport should be submitted at the reception of EDCL located at Kigali City Tower Building, 9th Floor not later than 09/08/2019 latest 3 p.m. local time (1 p.m GMT) OR electronically by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant’s CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
2. Any applicant should submit his/her application using either hardcopy OR electronically, not both.
3. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates.