KIGALI, RWANDA /
SUPPORT SERVICES – MANAGEMENT /
FIXED TERM CONTRACT – FULL TIME
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians, and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate, and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Background of babyl
babyl is Rwanda’s first full-service mobile health provider. Founded in the UK as Babylon Health to bring cutting-edge science and computer engineering to the healthcare industry, the ultimate aim of the company is to give everyone in the world access to high quality, affordable care. Through the use of artificially intelligent triage, digital doctor consultations, and prescriptions through mobile devices, babyl has delivered over 1 million consultations and registered over 2 million users since it came to Rwanda in 2016.
We are rapidly expanding regionally and globally to be the world leader in AI-driven digital medicine. At babyl our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrantcommunity of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
Leading babyl’s research, monitoring, and evaluation activities in Rwanda to provide robust insights and evidence to improve patient experience, operational effectiveness, and sustainability as well as documented outcomes and results to be shared with key stakeholders.
The Research Manager will be responsible for managing babyl’s research, monitoring, and evaluation activities in Rwanda. The post holder will lead the management, analysis, and reporting of all research activities; ensuring that research is conducted to a consistently high standard; producing insights that both meet donors’ and babyl’s objectives and have practical relevance and application for internal stakeholders. This may include: formative research to guide project design and strategies; pre-testing/piloting of outputs with users to feed into project development; monitoring project progress against objectives; and evaluating the impact of babyl’s projects and interventions.
- Manage day-to-day research operations and management including designing research, fieldwork activities, project planning, timelines and delivery, ensuring all research is technically well designed, implemented, analyzed, reported, and disseminated to a range of audiences (both internally and externally).
- Translate broad project objectives and results frameworks into measurable and robust monitoring and evaluation plan; lead ongoing monitoring of project performance against objectives.
- Lead the formulations of research designs, preparing RFPs/research briefs, and other research tools.
- Design and review research instruments such as survey questionnaires prepared by external clients.
- Lead field research, and/or lead the recruitment, management, training, and oversight of data collectors and/or agencies for fieldwork implementation, including briefing the field team, supervising the piloting of the research instruments, and recruitment of research participants as needed.
- Supervise data collection, ensuring quality assurance during data collection and data management processes.
- Lead on data analysis, report writing, and dissemination.
- Disseminate key research findings and strategic recommendations to internal/external stakeholders.
- Support and manage day-to-day relationships with external academic partners conducting innovative quantitative and qualitative analysis on digital health in Rwanda. Ensure appropriate and timely data sharing with partners, effective coordination and cross-team collaboration, and strong relationship management.
- Represent babyl with external and internal stakeholders, from clinicians to project management staff, research firms, academic institutions, donors, and NGOS, to government counterparts – leading on disseminating our findings and building contacts and networks in research for this field.
- Build capacity and share knowledge with babyl staff, helping to build their monitoring and evaluation skills and knowledge.
- Degree or equivalent in the field of development studies, public health, economics, statistics, social science disciplines or related fields.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in social and market research in a reputable development or research organization/agency. Experience commissioning or conducting research in Rwanda.
- Knowledge, expertise, and experience of the health field. Interest and expertise in digital health a bonus.
- In-depth knowledge and/or good experience on diverse range of research methodologies and reporting techniques.
- Strong analytical capability with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience with quality assurance and data management of research studies.
- Experience of training and/or supervising research teams in field settings.
- Experience reporting to logframes and other donor results frameworks.
- Strong report writing skills, ability to communicate complex technical ideas using non-technical language to a wide range of audiences
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Capacity to work in challenging environments, managing multiple priorities.
- Strong project management, coordination and admin skills, including planning and coordinating research and analysis with multi-discipline teams, undertaking or managing fieldwork and adapting methods to challenging and evolving conditions, and a track record of delivering research findings on time, on budget, and to a high standard.
The deadline for application is 30 December 2020.
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th January, 2021.