Research Associate, Rwanda
Jobs at:Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Deadline of this Job:
22 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Innovations for Poverty Action was established in Rwanda in 2013 and has 10 active projects spanning across Education, Agriculture, Finance, and Health. With 15 full-time staff, a network of part-time field numerators of over 300, IPA Rwanda predominantly implements Randomized Control Trails in collaboration with leading Rwandan and international academics, the Government of Rwanda, and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development projects. .
The Research Associate will act as the lead project manager and will oversee all aspects of the research study, including timeline, partner relationships, recruit field staff, and researchers’ relationships. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and enthusiastic about managing field research projects. The Research Associate will work closely with academic researchers, partners, and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks which may include but not limited to: overseeing other project staff, coordinating the research collaboration between investigators and partners, designing survey questionnaires, running pilot exercises, refining the study design and survey instruments, programming instruments, managing survey teams, checking and analyzing data, cleaning data and assisting in a preliminary analysis, assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos, coordinating with local officials implementing the programs being evaluated, and supporting outreach to policymakers in the country.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, statistics, or related fields. Master’s degree preferred
• Experience conducting social science or economic field research in Rwanda. Background in randomized control trials is strongly preferred
• Experience supervising data collection and teams of field workers, designing surveys and implementing programs strongly preferred
• Experience with data management and econometrics. Strong quantitative skills and advanced knowledge of Stata strongly preferred
• Experience with electronic data collection platforms. Knowledge of SurveyCTO a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations. Experience working with government officials also a plus.
• Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
• Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse team and maintain high professional standards
Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply by sending your cv and cover letter, via email, to [email protected] . The email subject should be: ra-your name. For example, ra-johnsmith. Applications close at 5 pm rwanda time on september 22nd 2020. Late applications will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.