University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Kigali, Rwanda
Job Title: Research Assistant
Reports to: DVC, Academic and Research Affairs
Group/Department: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Research Assistant will provide research support to the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Academic and Research Affairs. S/he will be involved in projects pertaining to equitable access to quality medical education, global surgery and surgical education. This position is an opportunity for the Research Assistant to develop his/her research skills. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is highly self-motivated and passionate about research and education, with superior attention to detail and organizational skills. S/he will work across multiple departments at UGHE and must be exceedingly well organized, diplomatic, flexible, resourceful, and proactive.
- Data collection, conducting qualitative and/or quantitative analyses, including data management
- Writing project deliverables, such as research proposals, reports, and publications;
- Preparing powerpoint slides, report and poster presentations as required
- Conduct literature searches and reviews and support with ethics review submissions;
- Support the establishment of an interdisciplinary research team
- Support resource mobilization for the DVC office including preparing grant applications to external funding sources, coordinating reporting to external funders, and managing financial approvals and other financial processes
- Any other tasks as designated by the supervisor
Msc in Public Health, Global Health or health related programs
Demonstrated research experience – minimum of 2 years
Expertise in research methods and practical knowledge of research implementation
Familiarity with qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis and related software
Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive
Ability to manage and prioritize projects with high attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and manage competing priorities
Health sciences and/or global health content knowledge preferred
Experience working in a higher education environment preferred
Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries;
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda required
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 19th June, 2021.