Re-advertise- Health Information Technical Advisor, Hepatitis
Jobs at:Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Health Information Technical Advisor, Hepatitis
Preferred Base Location: Kigali, Rwanda | Flexible, pending country leadership approval
Job Type: Full Time
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Summary of Position
CHAI launched its Viral Hepatitis program in 2015 with the goal of catalyzing and rapidly scaling screening and treatment programs in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs), starting with a focus in seven countries (Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Vietnam). CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual to work as a Health Information Technical Advisor to play a critical role in helping Rwanda and other program focal countries improve how to collect and analyze data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of efforts to eliminate viral hepatitis.
The Technical Advisor will work with CHAI staff to provide technical assistance and support to national Hepatitis Programs on the optimization and application of information technology for data collection, management, analysis, and use. This will include creating, modifying, and maintaining potentially complex and diverse surveillance platforms, system integrations, and data analytics; assessing performance and data integrity of surveillance systems; supporting training of technology solutions; monitoring and evaluating the performance of different surveillance systems, and helping staff use and troubleshoot health information systems on an ongoing basis.
This role will have a specific focus supporting strengthening and decentralization of digital systems for Rwanda’s Hepatitis program to reduce the number of patients who are lost between the screening, diagnosis, and treatment stages and ensure Rwanda remains on track to achieve Hepatitis C (HCV) elimination by 2021. The Technical Advisor will also be responsible for ensuring lessons learned, best practices, and knowledge developed on the roll-out of digital solutions in Rwanda are documented and shared with other program focal countries.
A successful candidate will need to work with team members across CHAI’s Global, Regional, and Country Hepatitis Teams and will therefore need to possess strong communication, organizational, and management skills as well as be able to work independently to drive implementation and have deep personal commitment to producing results. .
Technology Solution Assessment & Design
• Work with the Ministry of Health (MoH), CHAI country team and technical advisors, and external partners to understand requirements for Hepatitis elimination and planned interventions.
• Map existing digital health systems, information flows, infrastructure, stakeholders, and partner projects.
• Develop coherent and technology-appropriate specifications for meeting requirements for each intervention, particularly DHIS2-appropriate specifications.
• Advise on strategies for collecting, storing, cleaning, and analyzing data, and producing automated reports for more efficient and effective operational response.
• Play a translational role in communicating user requirements and technical specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI management and the MoH.
Technology Project Management
• Create and manage project plans with CHAI and MoH teams, including project management processes and communication mechanisms to progressively design, develop, document, and test systems and mobile tools.
• Select, liaise, and manage sub-contractors to build and configure applications according to the defined requirements and timelines.
• Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plans.
• Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications.
• Support the integration of the program’s system with other existing broader systems in the Ministry of Health.
Technology Implementation and Training
• Develop training materials and help train MoH staff, focal points, and health care workers in the use of information technology, including the system to be used, devices, and any other end-user challenges.
• Develop and iterate on data outputs with the national program team and focal points to produce user-appropriate dashboards across surveillance use cases.
• Support CHAI teams and MoH stakeholders to design and implement plans to routinely assess and document the performance and use of digital solutions.
• Assist with troubleshooting throughout installation, and implementation of systems, incorporation of user feedback.
Other Program Support
• Support resource mobilization efforts for digital solutions, including developing proposals.
• Provide strategic thinking around development of appropriate, effective, and integrated digital solutions for viral hepatitis elimination and contribute to program development and strategy.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field (information systems, computer science, medical engineering, etc.) required. Master’s degree preferred
• At least 5 years of work experience, with at least 3 years’ experience as a software developer, technical product manager, or in a similar role delivering technology solutions
• Knowledge of and experience working with DHIS2 strongly preferred
• Experience with information technology architecture and design
• Experience working on integration of information management systems
• Proven experience in implementing technology-based solutions with users, preferably for disease surveillance and in low and middle income countries
• Familiarity with emerging technologies for data collection and reporting (including experience using open source data collection tools like ODK, and BI tools like PowerBI and Tableau); comfort with developing complex data collection forms and dashboards preferred
• Experience in data management and data analysis
• Proficiency in Access, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to be effective, calm, and flexible in high-pressure situations, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to effectively prioritize
• Ability to communicate effectively with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to travel approximately 15-30% of the year
• Any statistical and geospatial analysis experience (R, SAS, STATA, ArcGIS, and/or other relevant software)
• Experience with software development best practices (code review, dev-ops, continuous integration)
• Knowledge of viral hepatitis or other global infectious diseases; and understanding of disease surveillance (including surveillance platforms) with knowledge of global health issues;
• Experience living or working in resource-limited countries;
• Familiarity with emerging technologies for web or mobile application development for data visualization and analysis
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply through https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/10496/health-information-technical-advisor%2c-hepatitis/job