Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates. .
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer in Kigali, and close coordination and technical support with IOM Radiologic Technician, the incumbent will be responsible for operating the X-ray and CR equipment in IOM Kigali and application of tele-radiology for diagnostic purposes to ensure that refugees and migrants are medically fit to migrate in accordance with the medical/health requirements of the resettlement countries. In particular, he/she will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Prepare the daily chest X-ray worklist extracting from the overall health assessment worklist and share the worklist to the IOM radiology unit staff or to the external service provider and accompany the applicants to the radiology service provider for CXR taking if the x-ray is done by external provider.
• Enter the biodata correctly and timely on x-ray reporting template for immigrants and refugees as needed and save files appropriately or pass to the radiologist as per work arrangement.
• Verify the identification of immigrants and refugees using original passport or valid ID with photo including name, age, and gender to prevent substitution during X-ray taking, and assist in organizing and properly handling the applicants at the radiology reception.
• Assist the IOM Radiology Technologist or the external radiology service provider in X-ray related counselling, checking pregnancy for female applicants and taking consent or cross checking if consent was taken when the applicant is pregnant.
• Complete the identity confirmation part of the chest examination in e-Medical website, enter data into Global Software for UK pre-entry TB screening programme, and/or MiMOSA as needed.
• Assist in providing radiation protection lead shields to applicants, and in case of external service provider, make sure the external service provider uses radiation protection pelvic lead shielding for all applicants.
• Assist the radiologic technologist in entering the applicant’s biodata to the CR/DR machine and ensuring the standard and correct labelling of Chest X-rays by checking the correctness of biodata.
• When the IOM X-ray service is outsourced to external provider, remind the Radiologic Technologist at the external provider to take technically good quality CXR in accordance with IOM radiology guidelines and the resettlement country technical instructions.
• Make sure the chest X-rays are completed in a timely manner by the external radiology service provider when the chest X-rays are taken by the external provider and assist in the timely transfer of the chest X-ray images from the external provider to the IOM image server as needed when there is no set up for direct image transfer.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree an accredited academic institution in a science field such as computer science, administration, health sciences or related fields with one year of experience; or
• High school diploma with 3 years of experience required
• Experience in technical or administrative support, clerical work.
• Computer skills proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
• Knowledge and experience on x-ray related service is an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in using of different software and medical/digital radiology system applications is advantage
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by 21 February 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page)