Project Provincial Coordinator
Jobs at:Rwanda Interfaith Council on Health
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rwanda Interfaith Council on Health (RICH) is a non-governmental organization that was established in 2003 with the initial mission of contributing to national HIV response through effective coordination of FBOs interventions for HIV prevention and response in Rwanda. Although RICH was initiated for HIV, it is now involved in other health issues such as maternal and infant health, malaria, tuberculosis, nutrition, hygiene, sexual and reproductive health, etc. This change was due to the expansion of the scope of work from the HIV response that was the initial mission to the Health Promotion in general.
In order to implement the Malaria SBCC Strategic Interventions funded by Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC), RICH is hiring a Project Provincial Coordinator.
Employer: Rwanda Interfaith Council on Health
Job Title: Project Provincial Coordinator
Supervisor: Project Manager
Status: Full-time position, based in the Southern Province.
Contract duration: 8 months (with the possibility of extension) .
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Provincial Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Follow-up closely on the Implementation of the Annual WP with regard to Malaria SBCC interventions
• Coordinate the process and provide needed expertise and technical support for the elaboration of budget plan, operational plan, and Results Framework related to Malaria SBCC interventions
• Ensure the Coordination of Malaria SBCC Activities (Prevention, Vector Control, and Case Management SBCC related activities) implementation at Provincial, District, and Community Level.
• Collaborate with organization Leadership and RBC/Malaria Program to ensure Local Leaders, Health Facilities and Communities are fully engaged in Malaria Control
• Organize meetings with Local Leaders, Health Facilities Leaders, CHWs, and other relevant stakeholders to improve awareness and implementation of Malaria SBCC Strategies at all levels
• Coordinate and Supervise Malaria District Coordinators in the catchment areas
• Represent RICH on daily basis in the province and districts of deployment
• Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation of Malaria SBCC implementation activities in collaboration with the M&E Officer.
• Collaborate with RICH Malaria SBCC officer to design and implement innovative malaria control interventions at all levels
• Compile and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports from District/zone Coordinators to prepare Program Review Meetings
• Prepare and submit on quarterly/annual basis the Malaria SBCC technical report to the Program Manager
• Ensure close follow up of implementation of recommendations.
• Participate to the monthly and quarterly evaluations of Health Facilities and Community Health Workers.
• Review Zone coordinators’ reports and elaborate feedback and ensure that formulated recommendations are implemented;
• Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learned on the ground from the project
• Document best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities
• Carry out other tasks to support the project efforts as assigned
• Provide administrative support as needed
SKILLS AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Public Health, Health Education, Health Care, and Hospital Management, or any Public Health-related studies) with a Nursing background as a plus.
Managerial and leadership skills;
• Strategic thinking with problem-solving skills
• Team working and organization skills in public health-related domains
• Working experience of at least 4 years in Rwanda Health System including working with Health Facilities and Community Health Workers.
• Demonstrated abilities or experience in working with Local Leaders would be an added value.
• Good planning, organizing, and public health communication skills
• Excellent analytical and advocacy skills are desirable
• Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
• Fluency and writing skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda are required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software
• Be of proven moral integrity
• Be available immediately
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS • Application letter addressed to the Executive Secretary of RICH;
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae with three 3 referees;
• Copies of degrees;
• Copies of relevant certificates
• National I.D
All interested applicants are requested to submit their application files by email ONLY to: [email protected] by Friday, November 20, 2020, at 16:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.