Project Manager, Tech for Development, Rwanda
Jobs at:Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
Deadline of this Job:
02 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Do you thrive on driving the end to end delivery of transformative projects? We are looking to hire an exceptional project manager (PM) with experience and expertise across technology and government advisory. The PM will implement a suite of data management products for Government, advising and supporting their application in Rwanda. The post holder will thereafter work on the application of technology and innovations across public services, agriculture, health and climate. .
• Tech transformation country programmes managed to deliver expected results, delivered in tech for development, such as deployment of solutions ranging from the current pandemic response and digital health offer, to proximate use cases such as digital payments, digital ID;
• Establishing effective and trusted relationships with senior politicians and bureaucrats in government, in service of project delivery and sustainability; and
• Expenditure in line with budget.
• Planning: Working closely with Head of Tech for Development, Rwanda, design, maintain and continually improve country project plans and tools to roll out our initiative from one tech domain to another, with one ministry or more, across government and in country with other stakeholders.
• Execution and Monitoring: Establish, review and maintain project goals, plans, proof points and KPIs. Report and engage with Country Head for Rwanda, and our Global Director Tech for Development, and his/her team to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot and manage roll-out. Where relevant, ensure expenditure is utilised in line with budget with robust management accounts and accountability established. Ensure all necessary risk, legal and financial compliance and processes are followed.
• Government Relations: Establish effective and trusted relationships in government, in service of the overall TBI mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and in service of our tech for development initiative.
• People: Support or lead to recruit, manage team staff, as required. The post holder will be expected to build strong working relationships.
• External Relations (non-governmental): Engage with relevant external stakeholders such as tech hubs/incubators, investors, other not for profit organisations, media, suppliers and agencies.
• One TBI: The post holder will formally report into Head of Tech for Development Rwanda and will work closely with the Country Head, Rwanda, and the wider tech for development teams in London and other countries.
Job Skills: Not Specified
We are looking for an experienced project manager:
• Who commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met;
• With experience in business operations, technology, consulting or advisory functions;
• With an in-depth understanding of the tech policy and regulatory environment in practise;
• With some experience in public affairs or government relations;
• With excellent written and spoken communication skills;
• Who can work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground;
• With proven understanding of relevant policy contexts and how to influence policy and communicate with Government;
• With a bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience; and
• With a minimum of 5 years’ experience in management consulting or government advisory.
The following is also desirable:
• Experience in government, and/or delivery of technology-enabled projects in Rwanda.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) aims to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in an interconnected world. We do this through our Policy Futures ideas and our Government Advisory Practice. What we believe in as an organisation:
• Open and Progressive – you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
• Bold and Pragmatic – you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
• Optimistic Changemakers – you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : https://careershub.institute.global/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=169