Project Implementation Manager
Jobs at:Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To lead the implementation and successful delivery of VSO’s interventions on the Intersectionality SRHR Advocacy project in Nyagatare over a 5-year period in line with the donor (Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and VSO guidelines. The primary objective is to improve the capacity of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to advocate for the realization of the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of marginalised young people with compounded vulnerabilities. .
• Lead VSO’s implementation and successful delivery of the Intersectionality SRHR Advocacy project in Rwanda to meet deliverables, timeframe, and budget in compliance with consortium guidelines, VSO procedures, donor, and government regulations
• Provide SRHR technical and programmatic leadership to the project team to support quality program delivery; work with the project support team to induct, orient, and provide on-going support to volunteers and others.
• Monitor quality assurance processes and systems to ensure the highest quality of the project implementation, risk management, and donor reporting.
• Contribute to the consortium in the development and yearly adaptation of the country-specific Theory of Change, workplans, M&E plans, lobby & advocacy plans, selection of partner CSOs.
• Build and support the partnership between consortium partners, VSO, volunteers, and CSOs to strengthen project delivery and promote exchange and mutual learning.
• By applying the VSO people-first principles ensure staff, volunteers, partners, and youth representatives are engaged in the development, planning, implementation, review, and learning processes.
• Provide technical input in funding proposals for the project.
• With consortium partners, Project Team Lead, multi-disciplinary country and global implementation and support teams to share learning for new and corrective programme design
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Develop realistic budgets, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that resources (volunteers, staff, and funding) are allocated appropriately and achieve value for money, including full participation in the annual budget process.
• Ensure effective grants management and expenditure within agreed budgets
• Ensure VSO’s financial and procurement requirements are adhered to by the project team and partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• With the M&E Coordinator, lead the design and delivery of appropriate M&E mechanisms – in line with the consortium’s Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning plans – to measure, document, and disseminate progress, good practices, and impact in this project.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• A relevant degree or equivalent in public health, reproductive health, social development studies with knowledge and experience of sexual reproductive health medicine, or related discipline.
• Excellent understanding and significant experience in project management.
• Substantial experience in coordinating and delivering complex health development programmes and teams, preferably with experience of working within a consortium.
• Experience in coaching and building the capacity of others to enhance delivery.
• •Strong representation and influencing skills to maintain excellent relations with consortium partners, partnering civil society organizations, and other internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience in financial management, including building a budget, monitoring, and managing expenditure. Previous experience of having compiled financial reports.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in compiling donor reports.
• Experience and knowledge of the country of operation.
• Experience with lobbying & advocacy, gender mainstreaming, youth engagement, and/or social accountability mechanisms.
• Practical experience gained within a volunteering/NGO context and working within an international team.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply