Project Field Officer-Quality Care/BMZ Project
Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
14 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
(Job Ref: SOS CV RWANDA ………………..)
Position Title: Project Field Officer – Quality Care / BMZ Project
Vacant positions: 2 persons
Type of contract: One-year renewable based on appraisal performance
Working location: Kigali/ National Office
Supervisor: Project Coordinator – Quality Care / BMZ Project
Deadline: 14 July 2020
Context of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development & child-focused organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza, and Nyamagabe. SOS Rwanda applies a one program approach in its education, family strengthening, health, and community development programs that support a holistic approach in the interest of the child. SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda, therefore, seeks to recruit a Project Field Officer for the New Project that will be funded by BMZ.
The Project Field Officer – Quality Care / BMZ Project will be required to provide assistance to the Project Coordinator in all aspects of project delivery including budgeting, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and collaboration with project stakeholders. .
The position holder will, therefore, be responsible for the following tasks:
• Liaise with NCC and IZUs when doing identification & profiling of project beneficiaries
• Organize meeting and training (inform the participants, arrange training venues, meals, and transport of participants, monitor the attendance list, etc.)
• Ensure good collaboration with NCC and IZUs for a smooth implementation of Project activities contact with stakeholders
• Assist Project Coordinator in planning, monitoring and revising plans
• Assist Project Coordinator in compiling donor reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual)
• Assist Project Coordinator organizing learning and sharing sessions
• Communicate to the Project Coordinator any challenge met during fieldwork
• Support the work of external consultants during baseline and End-Term Evaluation
• Liaise with M&E Manager and regularly update the number of reached beneficiaries in Programme Database (PDB)
• Performs any other duties assigned by the Project Coordinator to ensure smooth implementation of the project
Key Performance Indicators
• Effective implementation of activities
• Effective collaboration with Project Coordinator
• Effective collaboration with stakeholders (local authorities, NCC, IZUs, etc.)
• Effective collaboration with external consultants
Job Skills: Not Specified
Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (e.g. social work, sociology, education, rural development, psychology, laws, etc.)
• At least 3 successive years working with International NGOs
• At least 3 years’ experience implementing donor-funded projects
• Prior experience managing children-focused interventions will be an added value
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. Good communication in French will be added value. Excellent written and verbal communication in English is a requirement.
• Good understanding of international child right frameworks, child safeguarding, child, mental health and psychosocial support
• Good knowledge of project cycle management (planning, monitoring, and reporting)
• Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Please note: This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with his/her position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities, and work-plan and is subject to change at the discretion of the direct superior.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please mention in the subject of your email the name of the position you are applying for and send us your detailed application in a zipped folder including a signed application letter, CV, 3 traceable professional referees and copies of education qualification.
The applications done in English or French should be directly submitted to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] not later than July 14th, 2020 at 5:00 pm Kigali time.
Late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.