Jobs at:World Vision International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
16 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PROJECT FACILITATOR FOR CARE AND COMFORT FOR THE CHILDREN ON MOVE PROJECT
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 28 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated, and experienced Project Facilitator. This position will be based at Ishema Cluster, reporting to the Education in Emergency Manager.
Purpose of the position:
Facilitate the implementation of Care and Comfort for the Children on move project activities in the Mugombwa camp and umurava Area Program (AP), and ensure that the most vulnerable children benefit. The job holder will contribute to achieving WV Rwanda’s Child Wellbeing , with Child Protection Minimum Standards in designated clusters/sectors through planning, monitoring, and implementing project in line with applicable Technical Approaches and contents based on MINEDUC, MINEMA, and UNHCR. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in education, Social Work, Clinical Psychology, or any related field.
• 3 years’ experience in community development work.
• Experience in working with most vulnerable communities.
• Strong facilitation skills to prepare and conduct training sessions.
• Computer literate in word, excel, and PowerPoint.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
• Must have a valid motorcycle riding license and ability to ride.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Relevant working experience in refugee setting.
• Ability to facilitate implementation of the project for the improvement of basic education and child protection.
• Working with children, especially those in early grades of primary education.
• Strong skills in networking with education, child protection, UNHCR, refugee camp leaders, and other stakeholders at district and Cluster level.
• Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a multi-culture setting.
• Ability to comply with do no harm principles.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 16th November 2020; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.