Project Coordinator, Improved Child Rights Governance Project
About the Role:
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Project Coordinator is accountable for providing management and oversight of the implementation of a European Union (EU) funded project named “Improved Child Rights Governance Project” that aims to support Rwandan Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), media, and citizens including young people in promoting State’s accountability for inclusive, responsive and transparent budget allocations. The Project is implemented in partnership with a local Non-Governmental Organisation, Children’s Voice Today (CVT) and will work closely with the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN), civil society actors, media, citizens, and young people/children.
The project will also strengthen the capacity of CSOs, children’s groups, and citizens to engage and work with the Government of Rwanda on public financial investments and budget related discussions, especially those related to the realisation of children’s rights. This will be done in three stages:
1) By working with MINECOFIN to develop an open budget portal which will be established and accommodated on MINECOFIN’s website through a participatory and consultative process with citizens, including children, and CSOs to disseminate public budget data. The Open Budget Portal will allow citizens including young people and different stakeholders to easily navigate and understand key allocations and actual spending in specific sectors of their interests and by administrative settings (central or districts).
2) By raising public awareness of the open budget portal and ensuring that children, male and female citizens, and CSOs are able to access and analyze the data; and
3) By supporting children, male and female citizens, and CSOs to actively engage the Government of Rwanda through advocacy and public dialogue in relation to public investments at national and local levels.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder might work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
Save the Children is looking for a truly dedicated candidate who has ardent career ambitions in project implementation and who demonstrates strong vision for Save the Children.
- University or Master degree in relevant fields preferably in economics, social sciences, development studies, child rights or other relevant field;
- 3-5 years of work experience coordinating projects in related fields;
- Strong demonstrable skills and experience in project management, monitoring, evaluation, learning, and accountability – including budget holding responsibilities;
- Proven experience in economic governance, public budget, child rights, advocacy, facilitation of high-level meetings and workshops/training;
- Strong understanding of the human rights instruments and development frameworks at a global, regional and national level;
- Strong understanding of civil society and rights-based approach to development and partnerships;
- Experience of organisational capacity building and partner support;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Proven project management skills;
- High level report writing skills in English;
Good understanding of Child Rights situation in Rwanda an excellent project implementation skills and a strong ability to work in close collaboration with the local implementing partners
- Experience of budget development and management.
- Extensive written and oral communication skills in English & Kinyarwanda (French).
- Experience and knowledge of working and living in Rwanda.
- Specific experience of developing proposals for consortia projects.
- Strong leadership skills and wise interaction with governmental, private, and NGOs.
- Experience of leading need assessments.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding – Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Deadline for receiving applications is 23 rd December 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th January, 2021.