Programmes Development & Learning Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VACANCY – Programmes Development & Learning Advisor
ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven, and committed individual to join its Team as Programmes Development, Quality & Learning (PDQL) Advisor, to be located in Kigali, main country office.
The Programs Development, Quality & Learning (PQL) Advisor leads ALIGHT Rwanda’s program design, development, and implementation of required M&E frameworks and systems, designing and executing assessments and evaluation studies, complex data analysis, staff skills building in M&E, accountability, and documentation for program learning. In conjunction with ALIGHT Rwanda senior program leadership, s/he ensures program effectiveness and efficiency, M&E system, and processes to improve evidence-based programming, performance reporting, contributing to business development. .
Programs’ Development and Quality Assurance
• Technically support new program development, including drafting required log frame or change models, M&E plans and systems, indicator tracking table, etc.
• Support the programs team in day to day program-related implementation and progress tracking.
• Support business development team and Technical Advisors in program design and evaluation; preparing and presenting data, as well as supporting in the analysis.
• Conduct frequent routine and spot-check audits of ALIGHT program field sites to ensure proper M&E techniques and implementation.
M&E Implementation and Reporting
• Lead the development, strengthening, and functioning of ALIGHT Rwanda M&E frameworks and systems, and supporting tools or templates.
• Support the management team in developing and implementing a Country Program Monitoring Dashboard that integrates critical indicators of program performance and results.
• Coordinate data collection activities such as rapid assessments, market studies, baseline surveys, evaluations, special studies, and other research activities.
• Support timely and effective implementation of project work plans and deliverables.
• Lead a team effort to identify and design innovative practices to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness in M&E and general project management.
• Organize, in collaboration with program leadership and team, quarterly progress monitoring review meetings, and design-related actions and solutions needed.
• Support programs team in producing quality reports for both internal and external audiences.
Capacity Building & Organizational Learning
• Conduct working sessions with program teams prior to programs and business development teams to ensure existing data and learning contributes to and informs strategic business development.
• Support all staff in clarifying and understanding indicators being used to measure project progress, including performance data collection tools, and indicator measurements.
• Participate in M&E-related regional conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of development evaluation.
• Any other tasks requested by the supervisor and country program leadership.
Key Behaviors & Abilities
• Highly motivated self-starter who takes direction well, but also works independently
• Strong intercultural skills and high tolerance to uncertainty required
• Diplomatic skills and strong ability to manage staff, to resolve conflicts and build relations with diverse stakeholders
• Capacity for effective planning and management, including risks and concern areas
• Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment and deliver results within tight deadlines.
• Ability and willingness to live and work full-time in rural, low resource and isolated areas of Rwanda
We’re looking for the following education, technical skills, & knowledge:
• A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in statistics, economics, project planning and management, information systems, monitoring, and evaluation or in a closely related field. Master’s Degree in Biostatistics and Epidemiology or M&E is an added advantage.
• Minimum five (5) years’ direct experience in humanitarian or development programs’ design, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
• Conversant and able to design, develop, and guide implement project strategic/results frameworks, Change, or Logic models.
• Experience leading, coordinating, and supporting multi-sectoral (Health and nutrition, SGBV, WASH, Livelihoods) senior staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing and analyzing data using Excel, SPSS, STATA, Epi-info, and comfort with regular Microsoft Application packages.
• Conversant with ODK or any other mobile data collection platforms
• Knowledge/experience in designing, leading and developing high quality reports from quantitative/qualitative studies, surveys or assessments
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced computing knowledge, application
• Fluency in written and spoken English language; fluency in Kinyarwanda required.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 1page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is July 1st, 2020 at 16:00hrs. However due to urgency to update the roster, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and decisions may be taken before the indicated deadline once suitable candidates are available. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.