Programme Policy Officer (Refugee Operations)
Jobs at:World Food Program (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position will be based in WFP Rwanda Country Office, Kigali duty station, and the job holder will work under the direct supervision of the SO1 (Strategic Outcome 1: Refugee operation) Manager.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
• Support the SO1 Manager and the refugee operation team with daily programmatic activities.
• Act as officer in charge for SO1 when the manager is on leave.
• Supervise the field staff responsible for monitoring activities in the two Northern refugee camps currently based in Gicumbi;
• Support the coordinate food assistance deliveries to affected populations (refugees, returnees and other disaster affected populations) and act as officer in charge for SO1 when the manager is on leave.
• In liaison with the Cash Based Transfer (CBT) Officer, ensure that Monthly CBT distribution cycle is timely prepared and implemented.
• Support with compilation of inputs required for the monthly food requirements (MRQ) and share compiled information on monthly basis with relevant units for pipeline planning.
• Coordinate the review of distribution reports (showing number of people assisted, commodities provided, stock levels and losses) prepared and submitted in COMET by Monitoring Assistants based on Cooperating Partners’ (CP) reports and make follow-up on their validation.
• Provide support and work closely with SO1 Manager in the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on program and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
• Support on the management of FLAs and MoUs signed with CPs under SO1 and ensure that activity reports are regularly shared.
• Participate in field visits/missions organized and undertaken by the Country Office to monitor and support the implementation of the operation.
• Work closely with SO1 Manager and other units to ensure that SCOPE is properly used for management of beneficiaries.
• Provide guidance and support to staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
• Support the implementation of targeting assistance strategy; liaise with Joint Country Coordinator for UNHCR/WFP Program Excellence and Targeting Hub to effectively achieve the program goals.
• Support in developing and sustaining liaison with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, donors, civil society, beneficiaries, and other partners to be engaged in the field of food security and identify potential areas for collaborative approaches and initiatives.
• Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems and conduct timely monitoring and evaluation activities in collaboration with relevant units.
• Hold accountability and/or prepare accurate and comprehensive analysis and reports on WFP operations and performance with regular and timely submission of internal and external reports for management review to identify program support requirements and inform operational planning and decisions; and,
• Perform other duties as requested.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Education : Advanced university degree or university degree in a related field with experience and training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: Public health, social sciences, development studies, economics, international affairs, business administration, education, project management or a field relevant to international development assistance
Languages : Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) is required. Working knowledge (proficiency/level C) of French is an added advantage
At least three years post graduate, progressively responsible, job related experience in nutrition, public health, food security, vulnerability analysis, development, emergency assistance, project management, operational aspects of national bilateral or multilateral food aid or a closely related area or projects.
Other Specific Job Requirements
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent English writing and communication skills.
• Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Statistical Programs (such as SPSS and STATA);
• General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Relevant experience in journalism and/or reporting; experience in monitoring and evaluation of emergency operations, humanitarian, and development programs; experience in working with both international NGOs (including UN Agencies) and government institutions. Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative survey techniques. Experience in the design and implementation of food aid program.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
• Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
• Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
• Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
This position is open for Rwanda Nationals only and applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and please attach your updated CV in English
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply.