Programme Associate (Nutrition)
Jobs at:World Food Program (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
28th August 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WFP Rwanda is currently seeking a Programme Associate (Nutrition) to provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to nutrition policy and programme activities that effectively meet the nutritional needs of vulnerable people. The Programme Associate (Nutrition) will be expected to provide nutrition-related support to all four SOs.
ABOUT THE JOB
JOB TITLE: Programme Associate (Nutrition)
JOB GRADE: Service Contract- Level 6
REPORTING TO: Head of Nutrition
DURATION: 12 Months of renewable
• Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various nutrition-related policies, strategies, programmes, projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidelines.
• Provide project management support to nutrition-related programmes, projects, and activities, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes and projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
• Support the preparation of presentations, reports, and data analysis on nutrition programmes and policies ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners including government on nutrition policies, programmes, strategies, action plans, protocols, guidelines, manuals, etc.
• Provide support for operational partnerships, including inter-agency collaboration, to ensure a strong multi-sectoral response to nutrition and actively participate in relevant platforms such as the One UN Network, Technical Working Group, UN Network for SUN, etc. when the need arises.
• Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
• Coordinate and communicate with partners and WFP field staff for timely and accurate reporting of nutrition activities including data entry into the corporate M&E platforms to ensure efficient delivery and management of food assistance.
• Coordinate the organization of meetings including steering committee meetings, and workshops with partners, and maintain up to date database of partners.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Perform any other duties as required.
• Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
• Good computer knowledge and skills and good knowledge on statistical software for nutrition analysis.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict deadlines.
• Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of colleagues and partners.
• Proactive takes initiative, courteous, tactful, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to handle additional tasks.
• At least a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or any other related field
• Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in nutrition and/or public health-related activities.
• Experience in nutrition project management and engagement in policy discussions.
• Experience and exposure to working with nutrition and multi-disciplinary teams.
• Experience in conducting nutrition analysis and report writing.
• Experience in contributing to the development of nutrition-related policies, strategies, guidelines/protocols, manuals.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=106869&company=C0000168410P&username=