Jobs at:Norwegian People’s Aid
Deadline of this Job:
26 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labor movement’s humanitarian solidarity organization. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights, and democracy. Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organizations and citizens to participate in and contribute to the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning, and governance. .
The Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of the programme. The Programme Assistant will provide effective support and assistance to the team to ensure smooth programme implementation in line with NPA rules and regulations.
Summary of Key Functions:
• Programme Management Support
• Financial and Administrative Management Support
• Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Programme Management Support
• Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals contracts, revisions, and addendums for implementation arrangements.
• Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
• Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
• Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
Financial Management Support • Participate in the preliminary review of partners' financial proposals (budget) and financial reports, assessing whether project activities that partners have implemented match their financial reports and approved budgets.
• On a monthly basis, update the cash flow forecasts on a monthly basis through the forecast system.
• Work with the finance team to conduct the review of monthly compliance checks, confirm funds utilization status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial expenditures by NPA partners.
• Process requisitions for required logistics, venues for workshops, travel, and other necessary logistics and follow up the status of acquisition in line with the programme quarterly plans.
• Organize, compile and process information from partners, and keep track of the information through databases and e-filing (NPA One Drive).
Administrative Support to the Programme Unit
• Provide administrative support to the programme team in the organization of events, meetings, and workshops, etc.
• Make travel arrangements for the programme team and project staff, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims.
• Draft non-substantive correspondence, and maintain an updated database of partners and NPA key stakeholders
• Maintain and organize up-to-date electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials. Hard copies are only printed when necessary in line with the NPA greening principles.
• Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to-date filing
• Prepare presentation material/slides in PowerPoint for presentations for the meetings/workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings.
Reporting, learning, and knowledge management
• Contribute to any NPA report, manual, handbook, case studies, analysis of outcomes from each partnership.
• Draft and submit work plans and reports in a timely manner to the Programme Officer.
• Report to the Programme Manager on all matters regarding assigned partners.
• Support networking, cross-learning, and collaboration between civil society partners where possible/relevant
• Work in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, the Senior Project Officer, the Administration Department, and the Finance Department.
• Ensure proper partner-related documentation and filing: proposal / budget / contract / revisions and addendums / communications / reports.
Typical decisions the holder of the positions makes
The Programme Assistant will:
• Work within the framework of NPA strategy papers, the NPA partnership policy and other NPA policies, official delegation by the Programme Manager and the Country Director, and this job description.
• Be responsible for contributing to programme goals and outputs per each designated partner, in consultation with the Programme Officers and Deputy Programme Manager.
• Will perform any other relevant necessary duties when requested by management.
Required Education and Experience
• Degree in a relevant field, preferably in public health, social work, economics, the management, or public policy
• Entry-level experience and training in relation to gender equality and related issues such as GBV
Desirable: Knowledge of public policy, decentralization, transparency, public accountability issues
• The holder of this position will maintain at all times good working relations with all staff of NPA and will abide by the Code of Conduct and with all policies set out by NPA
• The holder of this position will conduct him/herself with dignity and will represent NPA loyally and responsibly at all times.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit by 26th February 2021 a 1-page cover application letter briefly describing how they meet the required qualifications and personal competencies and an updated CV to: The Country Director
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Tel: +250 252 580530
By email to [email protected] or to P.O. Box 2966, Rwanda Kigali
This is local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda. Female candidates are in particular encouraged to apply