Jobs at:Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TITLE: Program officer
Program: Hepatitis Program
Job Location: Kigali
Type: Full-Time Paid
Start date: Immediate
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
CHAI Viral Hepatitis Program in Rwanda commenced its support to the Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) in late 2015. Since then, CHAI has been working in partnership with RBC providing strategic and operational support to the National Hepatitis Program. CHAI has supported the program in developing costed strategic and operational plans, hepatitis guidelines, monitoring and evaluation tools to monitor and measure program performance, supported case finding efforts and assisted in drug price negotiations for Hepatitis C. Following the launch of Viral Hepatitis C (HCV) elimination plan in 2018, CHAI is closely working with the Hepatitis program towards achieving this goal by decentralizing Hepatitis testing and treatment services at the lowest health facility level to allow early diagnosis and immediate linkage to care of all eligible cases, implementing task shifting and monitoring strategies, supporting market shaping efforts to expand access to affordable Hepatitis C medications and integrate fully the program in the routine healthcare system.
CHAI is looking to hire 3 program officers who will be seconded to RBC and together with the existing team will support the Hepatitis unit in RBC to implement program activities especially the elimination of Hepatitis C in Rwanda. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills in order to provide critical analytical and strategic support to the program. The candidate must be self-driven, adaptable, have a high level of comfort with fast-paced work, and a strong commitment to excellence. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic. .
• Provide strategic and analytical support to the Hepatitis Program
• Serve as a liaison between RBC, district hospital, and health center level to advance the HCV elimination agenda.
• Support RBC decentralization efforts through regular training and mentorship to health center cadres
• Monitor closely data quality from facilities and ensure regular data transfer from health facilities to the RBC
• Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise on Hepatitis treatment and diagnosis
• Provide support to follow up on Hepatitis patients to avoid treatment interruption
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor's Degree of Medicine, Pharmacy, Public Health, Nursing and/ or Lab sciences with at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Strong analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills;
• Strong problem-solving skills and a positive, solution-oriented approach to challenges
• Entrepreneurial mindset, including the ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and nurture relationships;
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
• Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously set priorities and work independently;
• Ability to absorb and concisely synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific and technical manufacturing information;
• Willingness to travel locally and at short notice;
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest (maximum 1 page) outlining how their background meets the requirements outlined above; CV (maximum 3 pages); and the names of three references to:[email protected] with ‘’CHAI Rwanda: Program Officer Hepatitis Program’’ in the subject line. The deadline for applications is July 10, 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.