Jobs at:IntraHealth International
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WHY CHOOSE INTRAHEALTH
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work .
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The primary responsibility of the Program Assistant is to support technical teams in managing administrative, financial, and logistical functions of Ingobyi Activity and ensure the smooth running of activities in zonal offices. The incumbent will be based in the zonal office (i.e., one assistant for each of the four zones – central, eastern, southern, and western). S/he will report directly to the Zonal Coordinator and work closely with Finance and Operations Team based at the Main Office - Kigali.
• Manages zonal office activities including vehicle logistics, travel advance requests, hotel booking for staff in the field,
• Processes all financial requests and payments for the assigned activities;
• Processes financial documents including, expense reports, invoices, clearing advances, etc.
• Supports in drafting periodic reports with direction from zonal coordinator.
• Writes routine reports and correspondence, and assists with the development of program materials.
• Organizes meetings and events for the team;
• Responsible for filing all administrative documents for the zonal office.
• Serves as a focal point for the zone and other teams /departments, i.e. HR, Finance & Administration, other Programs, etc.
• Ensure that the office remains clean, safe, secure, and well-maintained including prompt repairs of equipment, furniture, and items in the premises.
• Responsible for office supplies & stationery and work closely with Operation Team based in Kigali re-order them.
• Maintain an up-to-date and accurate check in/out register of office equipment for out-of-office use or temporary assigning.
• Work closely with Operations Team based at the Main Office to Maintain up-to-date inventory records of office equipment, furniture & fittings, ensuring they are all tagged/labeled in accordance with IntraHealth’s policies & procedures; organize and support the annual physical verification of inventory by checking the accuracy of records and location of a property
• Report to any loses or damages to organizational property to help the Operations Team follow up on insurance refunds/reimbursements
• Participates in team meetings, adopts team spirit, takes responsibility for action items assigned, and provides feedback as needed.
• Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
The position requires discreet handling of all business and maintenance of confidentiality at all times
• A broad variety of administrative, office management, and computer skills
• Results-oriented and decision-making skills
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable
• Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence
• Pleasant, warm, and outgoing personality
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
• Experience in team working and multi-cultural staff.
Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, or related fields is required. An advanced degree in project management will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in managing or supporting a busy office environment is required.
• Experience working in a busy office in a reputable NGO /Development Agency is an added value.
• Good knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and donor requirements
• Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office package.
• Excellent in both written and spoken English.
• Knowledge: (functional or technical)
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple program activities and set priorities.
• Ability to communicate and to confidently engage with senior management
• Trustworthy with a track record of impeccable integrity
• Understanding of the health programs and MoH core functions & systems
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are requested to submit electronic copies of their technical and financial proposals (in English), by April 11th, 2021 at 23:45 via http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
In the proposal, the applicant should explain how he/she intends to carry out the work and should include the following:
Updated CV, highlighting relevant qualifications and experience.
Description of consultant’s experience in conducting similar assignments.
Details of three former clients/referees who can be contacted for reference.
Proposed budget with applicable unit costs.
For further details:
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.