Production Supervisor/Team Leader
Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
• Supervises machine operators, set-up technicians, and material handlers by assisting in the selection, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action of the associates.
• Communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Maintains production processes by observing process volumes; recommending process adjustments.
• Completes production processes by monitoring progress; expediting material flow and work results; resolving problems.
• Improves process workflow by eliminating stoppages; analyzing delays; testing new methods.
• Records production by completing daily shift production reports; calculating yields and recoveries.
• Maintains process flow by communicating production status, Requirements
, and problems to next shift.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy production process environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations; alerting others regarding potential concerns.
• Contributes to production process and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
• Ability to work various hours to cover multiple shifts as needed
• Will be required to work weekends as needed
• Other duties assigned by management.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A degree in production, mechanical, electrical, industrial or similar
• 5 years' of manufacturing experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to multitask
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: [email protected] , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.