Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
We are looking for a highly organized Production Manager. As a key member of the plant leadership team, the PM will be responsible for daily machine shop operations, including, managing work orders, daily workflows, and ensuring quality parts and equipment are produced. This position is accountable for leading, motivating and developing machine shop employees and directing/coordinating continuous improvement projects to minimize waste and create standards to achieve quality and production results.
The Production Manager will report to the Technical Director.
• Exhibit leadership, direct supervision and training of manufacturing personnel.
• Responsible for insuring machined components are produced in accordance with engineering documentation in a cost-efficient manner and on time
• Work with engineering unit to develop, implement improvement projects.
• Mentor subordinates to fully understand the company expectations and deliverables encouraging success through team effort.
• Responsible for ensuring proper tools are available to subordinates as required to perform their functions and the tools are safeguarded against loss and unsafe usage. Maintain proper inspection of tools to guard against unsafe operation and replacement and/or additional tools required to manager as directed.
• Working with the Quality Assurance team, ensure applicable tools and equipment are properly and timely calibrated.
• Prepare and maintain applicable reports. Manage personnel at optimum efficiency levels knowing what projects are on the floor at any one time.
• Participate in scheduled production update meetings. Follow through with any action items requiring timely attention.
• Ensure that documented processes and procedures are in place for the assigned work.
• Know and understand company Quality Policy and comply with all Requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
• Discuss budget expectations with clients
• A degree in production, mechanical, electrical, industrial or similar
• A degree in Business Management would be advantageous
• Industry-related experience of 10 years and above
• Requires knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and LEAN management principles.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: [email protected] , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.