Production and Quality Control Manager
Jobs at:SOSOMA Industries Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
10 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SOSOMA Industries Ltd is a Limited Company established on November 1st, 2008 with a capital of Two hundred twenty-six million nine hundred thousand Rwandan Francs (FRW 226,900,000) divided into 2 269 shares.
SOSOMA Industries Ltd is certified as a Domestic Company registered on n° 101767471 with an Investor Certificate N°C/658/2009.
SOSOMA Industries Ltd sells nutritious high-quality products especially to infant, young and elder people including pregnant women, vulnerable people such as people affected by humanitarian crisis, chronic diseases, …
The Vision of SOSOMA Industries Ltd is to be a leader in provision of safe, quality nutritious foods towards elimination of malnutrition in the region. This will be achieved through its missions of producing and supplying safe, high quality, and value-added nutritious foods that focus on customer needs.
SOSOMA Industries Ltd is seeking to recruit an experienced Production and Quality Control Manager with integrity and results-oriented. The position is based in Kigali (Kicukiro and Bugesera), for a fixed term contract. .
Job Title: Production and Quality Control Manager
Department: Production and Quality Control
Reports to: Managing Director
• Responsible for overall implementation & maintenance of the quality systems of SOSOMA Industries Ltd facility and the application of due diligence procedures and best practices;
• To provide assurance that the goods supplied meet statutory, customer’s Company policy requirements for food safety and quality;
• To support and improve on an on-going basis the food safety quality systems and process plans;
• To provide technical expertise and advices in areas of Food Safety and Quality along with legal requirements;
• To provide leadership and support for quality improvements projects; • To provide leadership and development opportunities through training so as to build an effective quality team;
• To represent the Company in national and international Forums on Food Safety and Quality;
• Ensure all new projects and initiatives on site are implemented in accordance with Food Safety and Quality and customer requirements and the development & tracking of site quality improvement plans;
• To liaise with and continually develop relationships with management, production staff, suppliers, and customers on a regular basis;
• Suppliers oversight and raw material inspections and approvals;
• Obtains excellent quality results, as measured by customer complaint frequency, product evaluation scores, internal and external facility and operational audit scores, quality systems compliance, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing and future methods, procedures, and systems;
• Responsible to deliver long term quality improvement, strategic development, and continual improvement of relationships with business partners such as suppliers & contract customers, complex problem solving & process creativity;
• Achieve set targets of quality objectives of both the Company that includes zero food safety complaints;
• Prepare & implement the enhanced requirement of Rwanda Standards Board (RSB), Rwanda Food and Drugs Authority (RFDA) based on Food Safety, Environment health & safety, and social standards. Should be well versed in audit procedures & documentation, also will play a lead role in audit programs;
• Responsible for assuring Quality Control/Quality Assurance staff effectively investigate customer/consumer complaints using root cause analysis, corrective actions, and preventive measures and respond to complaints in the required time frame and analyzing company trends;
• Ensures food safety and quality training is effective for all employees, support, coaching, and guidance to all employees;
• Coordinate Production and Quality Control Departmental processes, preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual production reports.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Food Science and Technology with Upper Second Honors.
• Work experience for at least 5 years in a food processing company and/or quality control.
• Experience with quality control, food laboratory testing, food safety management, production management, and internal audit will be an added advantage.
• Integrity attested by at least 3 referrals;
• Confidentiality and ethical behavior;
• Leadership and organization
• People management
• Reporting skills
• Good interpersonal relations;
• Time consciousness;
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines;
• Attention to details.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application to [email protected] not later than Friday 10th December 2020. Only softcopies will be accepted. Please indicate in the subject line: “Production and Quality Control Manager” with the following attachments:
• Motivation/Application Letter;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of academic and professional credentials;
• 3 letters of reference.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidate will be called for next steps.
Done at Kigali, 4st December 2020