Deadline of this Job:
21 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ALIGHT works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people, and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crises, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full-time staff, community mobilizers, and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven, and committed individual to join our team as Procurement Officer based in Kigali. .
Based in Kigali, the Procurement Officer(PO)will lead a comprehensive range of procurement support activities, performing research and analysis, and providing recommendations to support the efficient effective procurement services in the Rwandan Program. The Procurement Officer (PO) Will work towards delivery and continuous improvement of the performance of all Procurement functions to achieve better service delivery and cost-effectiveness.
The PO will report to the Procurement Manager and directly supervise a team of procurement focal points based in Kigali and also provide technical support and capacity building to procurement focal points based in six sites outside of Kigali.
• Manage and maintain the in-house procurement monitoring and tracking tool to equip the program with the necessary information for strategic decision making
• Identify, assess, and recommend potential suppliers and ensure the necessary information is available to support the selection of suppliers while ensuring standard processes are followed.
• Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, with guidance from the Procurement Manager, in order to ensure ALIGHT obtains the best terms and lowest costs
• Manage a team of staff, providing advice, guidance, and training to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines
• Review and prepare Purchase Orders and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder and ALIGHT authorized personnel
• Review, amend and prioritize purchase requests and provide recommendations to requesters, to support the procurement of goods and services, at competitive quality and value for ALIGHT
• Follow standard emergency response practices to support ALIGHT to quickly respond and deploy emergency supplies and needed resources to affected areas in case of crisis
• Design, develop and oversee the maintenance of procurement databases and records, ensuring the accuracy of the information and its availability and accessibility for others
• Assume the responsibilities and serve in an acting role in the absence of the Procurement Manager.
• Other appropriate duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• A0 Bachelor’s degree in Procurement Management, Operations Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Humanitarian Logistics, or other related field required, with additional relevant work experience
• Professional certifications such as CIPS, CPP CSCP preferred
• Demonstrated continuous education and specialized training in procurement and logistics management
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in key positions in procurement or operations, with experience working for a reputable and large humanitarian or development INGO preferred
• Demonstrated ability and technical skills in supply chain and asset management
• Proven skills and knowledge in the design and use of Information Management Systems (IMS)
• Knowledge of donor’s procurement policies (US Gov, UNHCR, etc.)
• Computer literacy skills with Microsoft application packages
• Experience working on procurement activities including purchasing, vendor research, etc.
• Experience coordinating with suppliers (e.g. retailers, wholesalers, and traders)
• Experience supervising staff desired
• Ability to communicate in spoken and written English with aptitude in reporting is mandatory
• Fluency in French and Kinyarwanda preferable
KEY BEHAVIOR & ABILITIES:
• Self-motivated and Client-oriented with a strong sense of personal ethic, integrity, and a big appetite for quality for improvement and accountability to improve stewardship of ALIGHT’s resources.
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships and trust among stakeholders.
• High level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground
• A keen eye for detail
• Capacity to think ahead and highlight areas of risk and concern
• Excellent communication skills with a strong sense of diplomacy.
• Ability to work in a sensitive, multi-cultural context as a respectful team player and manager.
• Demonstrate commitment to ALIGHT’s core values and Policies
• Ability to Willingness to travel and spend long periods of time in remote field sites, up to 25%
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified registered nurses should submit a 1page Cover letter, Certificates, and an updated CV (maximum three pages) all in one document and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor (all in/as one document) – via email only to: [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line.
The deadline for submission of applications is November 21st, 2020 at 16:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment