Jobs at:Africa Improved Foods Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Africa Improved Foods (AIF), is a Public-Private Partnership focused on addressing malnutrition through the production of nutritious, high-quality fortified foods. It is a joint venture involving a number of international organizations: DSM – the largest nutrition company in the world; the World Bank (IFC); the UK Govt (CDC) the Dutch Govt (FMO). The Government of Rwanda, and the World Food Programme. Our products are intended to address malnutrition among vulnerable population segments such as pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, older infants, and young children especially in the first 1,000 days of their life. To this end, we have built a world-class food processing plant in Rwanda – to serve the East Africa region – and are now expanding into Ethiopia. In as much as we are a commercial, for profit organization, we also strive to have the maximum social, economic, and environmental impact possible on the communities in which we operate. In this respect, we have strong working relationships with reputable NGOs across the EAC Region. Our model is to source raw materials from local small-holder farmers, employ, develop, and to deploy local talent in the creation and growth of our fortified foods business. Our Mission is to provide African consumers with high-quality fortified complementary foods that are affordable and available. Our Vision is to be a trusted Africa-based producer of a range of nutritious foods that are proven to improve health. Africa Improved Foods is looking for self-motivated, qualified individuals with the right attitude, and a passion for innovation to join our young and energetic team on the position of Procurement Officer. General Job information Job title: Procurement Officer Business Group/Unit: Africa Improved Foods Ltd Department: Procurement Position in the organization Reports to: Procurement Manager Direct reports: None Indirect reports: None .
Purpose of the job
AIF is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for AIF as an organization especially all products needed for the plant.
You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for their shipment confirmation to the internal users as well as external suppliers. This include but not limited to all OEMs.
• Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for all assigned purchases
• Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
• Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Maint ain accurate records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
• Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
• Develops plans for purchasing equipment, spare parts, and supplies
• Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts for all our OEMs and ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
• Create and maintain an inventory of all incoming, current supplies and use of MRP to maintain the minimum orders
• Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
• Working with team members, internal users, and Procurement Manager to complete duties as needed
• Publish a monthly report on the TCO vs Budget.
• Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices of AIF as a company.
Support Contract Manager in implementing contract & ensure contract compliance:
• Support in collecting and consolidating data on contract compliance and supplier performance
• Support in identifying opportunities and actions for continuous improvement by means of analysis of supplier performance and internal KPI data.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Logistics, Accounting, or related field preferred
• Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
• Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Having used SAP, ERP or any other related software will be an added advantage
• Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
• Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts
• Experience of local, regional, and International purchases and shipment
• Knowledge of supply chain concepts (TCO) and supply chain incoterms
• Knowledge of purchasing processes (sourcing and operational) in business to-business context\
• Familiar with industry and markets dynamics as well as value chain
• Result oriented & Self-propelling attitude
• Pro-active in process-efficiency-initiatives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
• Goal-oriented, organized team player.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, telephone contact, and email address. The deadline for receiving applications is Friday 2nd October 2020. Please apply to: Human Resources Director Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd. Kigali – Rwanda E-mail on: [email protected] Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about Africa Improved Foods, please visit the links below: